Securing Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by UltraLow, Nov 2, 2009.

1. UltraLow

UltraLow MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    i don't like sudo either. i've used unix in the past and usually su to root to get stuff done

2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    UAC has nothing to do with sudo, sudo is a unix command line to run commands as root (like run as admin in windows), very anoying thing.

UAC is good for that ppl that don't know what they are doing and acidentally mess with all the system (the most part of the commom users:D).

I disabled it long time ago.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazook

Gazook MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2009

This is a good idea if the only thing you run is Notepad once a day.

For everyone else its a bad idea.

Have fun answering 10000 UAC prompts

4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009

ROFL

And to think by simply replcing it by a decent Defence+ FW you get better security without getting pissed every 5 seconds :D

5. bigbloke

bigbloke MDL Novice

May 11, 2009
    Whether is makes a difference in your opinion is not relevent. The op asked for tips to make the pc more secure and your suggestion that disabling UAC would do this is false that is a fact.

6. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I said, disable it WHEN USING a good ALTERNATIVE DEFENCE+ application!

That's totally different. When u use a good DEFENCE+ FW, it is relevant to disable UAC. Not disable it without replacing it's functionality. That would be foolish.

You clearly have dislexia.

7. bigbloke

bigbloke MDL Novice

May 11, 2009
    you clearly are a prick

8. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #50 genuine555, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    No, i'm not :)

And welcome to MDL...

You simply force me to keep repeating myself, by not reading the posts as they are.
    I just don't like when my words get twisted around by anyone. I'm sure u wouldn't either. :cool:

And please be nice. This is not a place for calling names...

I know it's hard to acknowledge that someone actually has a point. I'm simply trying to explain the uselessness of UAC when using something better. It's a fact, pall. No need to keep denying it.

Sincerely