Server 2008 R2 and wireless input devices

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by pindong, Nov 15, 2009.

1. pindong

pindong MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2009
    I have problems with MS Wireless Laser Keyboard/Mouse 6000 under Server 2008 R2. I have XP x64 SP2 on the second HDD and I have no problems with both of them at all when I boot in XP.

R2 do not have my devices in Kbd/Mouse lists so both are detected as generic HID after the OS installation. I see just a few MS wireless input devices in R2 including Wireless Entertainment Keyboard/Mouse 7000&8000 but as far as I know they are bluetooth so I have no idea toes they really work there.

Installed IT/ITP 7.0. Both the devices become updated into MS USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard/Mouse with additional 2x HID Non-User Input Data Filter in device manager but the problem looks even more serious then before the IT/ITP installation.

Does anybody use wireless kbd/mouse on R2? Does anybode use MS wireless Entertainment 7000/8000 bluetooth? What are the other wireless input devices compatible with R2?

2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    no problems with my logitech stuff. I have an old notebook mouse that is wireless that works fine and my MX5500 works fine in HID mode not HCI mode.

3. Spc

Spc MDL Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Try to install Wireless service.

Computer > Manage > Server Manager > Add Features > Wireless LAN Service.

4. KLF

KLF MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    I have the Entertainment 7000 set, and it shows also as a HID device. All the functions work just as they are supposed to, only the OS doesn't see the transmitter as a bluetooth device.

It works perfectly, I just cant use the transmitter as a bluetooth dongle now.