Server 2008 r2 - Issue with administrative rights

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by JohnClark, Feb 21, 2012.

1. JohnClark

JohnClark MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2009
    Hi all!

I have a server with MS Server 2008 R2 running in a domain. I have created some users which shall have all administrative rights on Client PCs and Server (they are located in a seperate folder in Active directory with special Group policy applied). this "admin-group" is member of following groups:
    -Administrators
    -Enterprise admins
    -schema admins
    -domain admins
    -domain users
    -owner creator of group policy.

Now to the actual question:
    When I log in to my server with one of the admin-users created, I have admin rights but every time I want to start some programs I am asked to accept that it is launched. This happens for example when I start WSUS Console or exchange server console or Forefront security manager...other programs start without problems.

When I now log in with the default administrator user "Administrator" I don't have to accept to start these programs each time.

What shall I do to allow the created domain admins to have the same rights as the "Administrator" User ??

I would be very gratefull for any help :)

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Add the users in question to local Administrator group

sebus

3. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
  4. JohnClark

JohnClark MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2009
    #4 JohnClark, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
    (OP)
    Hi thanks for the answers. I have checked with "net localgroup administrators" and the admin-group is already included into the loacal administrators as stated just before. Yes these promps are from UAC. I will have to look this some deeper how to configure them respective check how they are configured for the local admin...

just to be clear, this admin-group is only used to perform admin tasks on server and client PC's, they are no normal user accounts for daily use.

Edit: I changed some values in the group policy which applies for the admin-group and now it works fine! Thanks for your help!