Sfc q...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RASelkirk, Nov 8, 2016.

1. RASelkirk

RASelkirk MDL Senior Member

Feb 4, 2010
    #1 RASelkirk, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Hi All,

I found and deleted the leftover drivers from my old AMD system, am now running Intel stuff. When I run "SFC /scannow", I get the "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." message. Googling only shows how to restore corrupt or missing files, but NOT how to deal with files that are intentionally missing. They all tend to say "PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing", so where do I look to find out where SFC is getting this info?

Thanks!

Russ

DOH! Found it using findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt". There were two inf files that were listed in about 30 different errors, atiilhag.inf and atiriol6.inf. Searching the registry
    brought only one instance of each of these. I did a restore point, deleted the keys, and reran SFC with no errors.

Russ

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    sfc.exe can be improve only if you have an original copy of your installatin (typically in Win7 it is the shadow copy), or you have corresponding DVD for the current version. (Or some other installation media, which contains the same, what is installed in computer)But you can try them in other ways to replace... if there is no corresponding installation media.But history has shown that you may to try as a lot as you want, it always ends with a new and clean installation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...