Shared C Drive

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sunfish, Jul 21, 2011.

1. sunfish

sunfish MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2007
    I used to be able to share my C drive(all folders except the system protected folders like Windows, Program Files etc.) in Win 7 x86 by just sharing C. After reinstalling Win 7 x64 SP1, I discovered that only folder names that begin with letters "less than" P are shared. How weird!
    I have to manually set individual unshared folder's shared permission to Read for Everyone.
    Is this a bug or do I have some abnormality in my Win 7 x64 installation?

2. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    That's really weird but I haven't seen this kind of problem with Windows 7 x64 in daily routine. Can you please post your particular error code or log. I would recommend installation of WHQL certified Network Adapter driver.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    #3 60cent, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
    There could be many reasons for moving your My Documents folder. You may want to keep the folder safe by storing it on a seperate drive and free up space on your system drive. Perhaps you want to have it located in a directory with other personal files so that you can back it up easily. Whatever the reasons are, it is still a simple proceedure with Windows 7.

1) Click on the Start button and then click on Documents

Click on Start, and then click on Documents
    Libraries Documents

2) In the left panel of the Libraries\Documents window, click on the arrows to expand Libraries>Documents>My Documents (C:\Users\[User Name])
    Navigate to Libraries Documents My Documents (C:\Users\[User Name]

3) Right click on My Documents and then click on Properties in the menu that opens.
    Right click on My Documents and then on Properties

4) In the My Documents Properties window, click on the Location tab

5) Click on the Move button in the Location tab of the My Documents Properties window
    Click on the Location tab and then click on the Move button

6) Navigate in the Select a Destination window to the location where you would like the My Documents folder located
    Navigate to the new location

7) Create a new folder. Name it whatever you would like.
    Create a new folder and name it

8) Click on the Select Folder button and then click on the OK button in the My Documents Properties window.

9) click on the Yes button in the Move Folder warning window that pops up, since the objective is to move the My Documents folder.
    Click on the Yes button in the window that pops up

10) It may take some time to move the contents of the My Documents folder, so be patient...

11) When it has finished moving the contenets of the My Documents folder, you can close the Libraries > Documents window

Good luck and let me know how it went:thumbsup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...