side-by-side errors? anyone know anything about these?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RanCorX2, Jun 5, 2011.

1. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    #1 RanCorX2, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    are you installing as administrator,looks like security privileges,other than that i know i was installing something and it wouldn't install and it had something to do with Visual C++ redists,i had to remove an external drive as the visual c was installing on that and the program i was installing needed the visual c installer and couldn't find it,so i ran visual c without the other drive plugged in and it installed in winsxs where it should have been in the first place,then the program installed,that was my problem anyway.

3. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    I don't even have this file on my system but X-FI driver installed. Only CTAudSvc.exe.
    You shouldnt bother to much, creative drivers are THE s**t. Don't even bother with the official driver for the X-fi cards, that one sucks, get the PAX (google it) and be happy, though it still breaks cause well.. it's still a creative driver that breaks on its own :p
    Why use PAX? Cause the official X-Fi driver for your card is probably the one thats not actually using the features win7 provides, but all the Auzentech card's use the better driver, which does sound better and breaks less.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...