Sidewinder X6 Keyboard Problems

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Jean_andre, May 31, 2010.

1. Jean_andre

Jean_andre MDL Novice

May 31, 2010
    Helllo.

The problems with my keyboard is this:

The top part(media keys, volume knob) does not work, but the knob that controls the red light works just fine. I have no idea how to fix this.
    The rubber inside that activates the keys (when you press down) is moving inside, meaning that some of the keys sometimes gets stuck or does not work. can i open and move it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. kingedwards

kingedwards MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Did your keyboard come with a drivers disc? You may be missing the proper drivers for the keyboard and your computer is just using basic human interface device drivers. If you do not have the disc I would suggest running windows update presuming you are running windows. Make sure you click on "custom" when it asks what type of updates you want. Then check the hardware tab and look for the keyboard update. Another method is going straight to the manufacturer website and looking up your model keyboard and downloading the drivers. As for taking the keyboard apart most keyboard keys are easily removable and pop on and off pretty easy. If you have an air compressor or a can of compressed air try blowing out the keyboard. If you must remove the keys and notice the rubber padding under them is loose or broken a little super glue helps hold them in place. I have done this a few times with customer keyboards and they have worked fine.