Silly Fresh Windows 8 install for new motherboard...

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mtrai, Apr 6, 2014.

1. mtrai

mtrai MDL Addicted

Apr 24, 2008
    I am having to replace my motherboard and it will be here Monday (tomorrow) Call this a bad weekend or something for me but for the life me I cannot wrap my brain on which ISO I need.

I bought the discounted version for W8 when it was offered by MS. Upgraded to win 8.1 ( clean install) Upgraded to the "preview" release for spring.

Anyhow since I am replacing the motherboard, same chipset, mostly, I figured this would be a great time to re-install windows and get a clean install once again.

I can't quite figure out if there is already or will be a Win 8.1 update ISO, or if the Win 8.1 ("preview") update is the same that will be release on Tuesday.

Any guidance would be helpful. Not sure why I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around which ISO to use this time.

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    not sure which material you used to wrap you brain or your head but I recommend to unwrap until your eyes can see this thread: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...ws-8-1-Server-2012r2-with-Update-MSDN-Magnets
    Then you can choose upon your needs whatever available at this moment in terms of latest windows version including the spring updates :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...