Simplix Pack to update Live Win7 System/ Integrate hotfixes into Win7 distribution

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Enthousiast, May 13, 2013.

1. CEW

CEW MDL Senior Member

Jan 21, 2011

It will add anything new, but it won't remove superseded already installed in the wim. You can remove them with dism++.

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Best for integration: Start with a clean slate (Genuine untouched Windows 7 SP1).

3. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    that means i have to keep an untouched iso all the time in backup

4. BetADNA

BetADNA MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2015
    could somebody help me ? i did post the LOG´s now...

greetz

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The error does not seem simplix related.

Maybe someone can help when you also post the currently installed packages:
    Run this in an elevate cmd:
    Code:
    dism /online /get-Packages /format:table >"%userprofile%\Desktop\Packages.txt"

6. taviruni

taviruni MDL Senior Member

May 8, 2010
    Yes.

7. BetADNA

Jul 26, 2015

Thanks for your Answer.
    i did what you sayd and attached it to my Post. it looked to big to be posted in teh comments..

Hope that helps finding teh problem..

Thank you very much..

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    is there any similar pack for windows vista ??

9. taviruni

taviruni MDL Senior Member

May 8, 2010
    #2069 taviruni, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Not for Vista, SimplixPack only apply to Win7.

For Win7, Win8.1 and Win10, you may see: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/whdownloader-download.66243/ to download updates.

And to integrate updates (inline or offline) you may use:

WHD-W7UI 4.6 Install or integrate Windows 7 updates for WHDownloader repositor
    WHD-W81UI 4.5 Install or integrate Windows 8.1 updates for WHDownloader repository
    W10UI 5.3 Install or integrate Windows 10 updates

Or MSMG ToolKit

10. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    i know about those tools, i wonder if there is any updatepack already made for vista like this one for windows 7 and onepiece pack for xp from wincert forum
    why no similar pack for vista ?

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Why would someone go thru all the troubles to create a pack for an unsupported OS anyway?

12. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    because at least when some day you want to try to use it for any purpose or just for fun, at least you'll have the latest updates and hotfixes integrated,
    it's better to install an updated version than an outdated one from long years ago, maybe more likely to have security holes or get virus infections
    like there are people who still use windows xp (2001 - 2008) nowadays, and windows 7 (2009 - 2011) till today, there most be some people who are using windows vista
    my point is: if anyone wants to use a previous windows os at least find one which have the latest updates available for it, all integrated within

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You probably don't have any idea how much work it will be to sort all those updates, "just for the fun" of a handful of people who want to use the most not supported and unpopular OS ever.

14. kvmk

kvmk MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2015
    Thank you for the great summary. (sorry slightly off topic:) Do you know of a way to download (for offline safekeeping) and integrate updates in a similar way, but for Windows XP? For archival purposes I'd love to have a "pack" of all Windows XP updates (one that excludes superseded updates) that I can integrate into an untouched Windows XP Service Pack 3 ISO. Is this doable?

15. BetADNA

Jul 26, 2015
    anything else i should post to make it more easy?
    I really need to be up to date somehow...

If you guys need any more infos, no matter what let me know, i will provide them..

Thanks

16. TrojanK

TrojanK MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2014
    Can't find any difference between them

17. BetADNA

Jul 26, 2015
    oh well, i guess the Simplix support here kinda sucks..A lot of people read my LOG but NOONE sayd something..nice...
    I FIXED my Problem myself, i just used teh "WinFuture Update Pack for windows 7" and woooosh, it worked, im up to date..

Thanks for the not help...
    You know, if i could read russian, i would asked in the original simplix thread, but im a stupid western guy, so no russian for me..

anyway. i really wished someone could helped me here, but no body wanted it seems like..

Rant over..

My TIP!! if anyone has problems, just use teh winfuture update pack, its also without bulls**t and it just works...

Have a nice one..