Single Language: what is it?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by namboo, May 29, 2014.

1. namboo

namboo MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2008
    What are the editions marked "Single Language"?

Thanx.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's what it say's: a Software in one language only, in this case Windows English or whatsoever. That could also not upgraded from MS with an other Language directly!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Simply put, it's a P.O.S... :eek:

...was checking my local PC catalog - even the top i7's with 17" screens come with CSL - that in a country that sports 11 official languages!.... go figure :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    It's a Core version sku that is licensed to manufacturers for cheaper because of "emerging markets"
    What they mean is, "there's a lot of piracy coming from those countries"

It just prevents you from going into the control panel and switching language the easy way.
    You can still load a winpe disk and apply language packs to the image and change the intl settings manually, but it's a lot more complicated.

I applaud MS for trying to make cheaper versions of Windows, but this version is just a slap in the face of everyone who expects to own a legit version of Windows.

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009