Skip Metro Using explorer-ppdlic.xrm-ms

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ace2, Nov 17, 2012.

1. ace2

ace2 Guest

#81 ace2, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    (OP)
  2. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #82 CODYQX4, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

3. hb860

hb860 MDL Expert

May 7, 2010
    ace2
    But what is wrong with 7600 xrm-ms? I still using it and all works fine

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ace2

ace2 Guest

There is nothing wrong with 7600 xrm-ms works fine - just testing different ways ace2.;)

5. ace2

ace2 Guest

I know explorer-ppdlic gets updated that why i am still testing with updates, making sure i can use updated explorer-ppdlic with/for this method.

How can it be bad practice to use original explorer-ppdlic OR updated explorer-ppdlic Over win7 (7600 xrm-ms)?

Windows 8 only boot to Start screen because of explorer-ClientLoginExperienceAllowed >1< - IN explorer-ppdlic.

If microsoft had made/updated explorer-ppdlic with explorer-ClientLoginExperienceAllowed >0< - IT would boot to desktop ace2.:D

6. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    #86 KNARZ, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    GUYS!

taskschd DOES something different than starting or stopping the service. I'm watching the system quiete some significant time.

If you run SPPSVC via NET START than the Values from tokens.dat and ppdlic folder won't get always updated!
    But If you ran the task changes apply immediatly! - I tested this all quiet all a lot!
    This is also some reason why I updates my tool (pulling out the xrm) to forced mode. The services is started on every boot but some people needed more than 2 reboots. If this task would do the same thant the changes would have applied much more earlier.
    So it's not the same!

Again: RILC command will break the TOKEN! (I guess this is a bug from Microsoft!)
    Tested several times!

Josh
    what is bad to run a task?!??!
    I don't get the point...

CODYQX4
    You may have used PPE? (disabled tasks)

Integrating 2 certificates with different IDs but same values MAY can create irritations for the system.
    Maybe it's better to use 7600 maybe not. The question is what has more piority or does it depend on the way what was added first / last?
    Yes if the value would be 0 than this would change a lot of things und would make life easier. But if MS would do something than this change would be found in the ppdlic in sku folder to overwrite the flag, like server. I already explained it anywhere how the system works.

Double ILC is useless if you would test much more deeper
    ILC and run the task is the best way atm.

Does someone finaly know which KB has the new file?

7. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    KB2770917 contains the damn XRM.

8. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011

Calling external applications never will be good.. If the Task Scheduler are broken or don't have the 'SvcRestartTask'?

Doing that programatically is much better and increase the compatibility with other systems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    Indeed than you're right. But some kind of base is needed for everthing. At some point I have to start and rely on.
    Unfortunatly I'm not a programmer and never will be. This application was already a strain/fight but wanted to deliver a nice fluid way for others.

My applications at least now will rely on this task as rilc is broken.

10. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Don't worry with it.. Is really normal when you haven't so much experience with desktop applications. I'm just advising you to use the resources of the language.

On the first versions of the Advanced Tokens Manager more than one year ago, I also linked to external applications as CMD or CSCRIPT.

Today this application is independent and all procedures is made by the Windows Instrumentation Service, the WMI, gaining more compatibility in all senses.

11. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #91 CODYQX4, Nov 20, 2012

12. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #92 CODYQX4, Nov 20, 2012

13. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    #93 RJARRRPCGP, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" BSOD usually means your RAM is overclocked too high.

It's probably a hardware problem!

Gotten that before when I overclocked PC2100 DDR.