Skip validation for Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by riahc3, Feb 20, 2012.

1. riahc3

riahc3 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Hey

How do I skip validation for Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0? Only find guides for 1.0

Thank you

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Just use genuine os ~ thats it :D

3. riahc3

riahc3 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    :confused: It fails while using a genuine OS....

If I wanted a pirated version, some torrent would problably have it. It is failing on a genuine version of Windows XP Home. Thats why I just want to bypass it and be done with it.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    #5 NICK@NUMBER11, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    have you tried this....
    Code:
    While trying to install Microsoft Security Essential also known as MSE on your Windows operating system, you might get a a validation error for different issues. The most known one is: your Windows is not an original copy (read pirated or bootleg copy). However, sometimes your copy is original indeed and it is the system which truly failed the genuine validation! For those of you guys who have got an original Windows copy but, for some unknown reasons, Microsoft Security Essential has stopped working and triggers in your system  a validate error,  here is a simple procedure to solve this issue! 
    1.Turn on your computer and log in with an administrator account in order to get all the necessary permissions.
    2.Click Start.
    3.Click My Computer.
    4.Click Tool on the upper toolbar.
    5.Click Folder Options.
    6.Now, click the View tab and from the list of options available, tick Show hidden files and folders.
    7.From the same list, untick Hide extensions for known file types.
    8.Click OK to confirm.
    9.Now open Windows Explorer and locate  the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ Application Data\ Windows Genuine Advantage\ data
    10.Right click the data.dat file and click Propierties and right after that click  the security tab.
    11.Click Advanced.
    12.Under the Name tab, check if the Everyone option is listed.
    13.If it is listed, click the Exit button, and tick the Full Control option. If the option is not available, click the Add button, type Everyone and press Enter. Choose Full Control in the pop-up window, and click OK to confirm.

6. riahc3

riahc3 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #6 riahc3, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Yup, and still nothing.

Updated to the newest version and that did let me install but now a popup in the corner appears saying Im not validated!

:confused:

How can I be validated before install and not after? Makes no sense....