SkyDrive App - Homegroup - Unexpected Behavior

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jasqid, Jul 11, 2012.

1. jasqid

jasqid MDL Member

Feb 10, 2008
    I think I found an issue in the RP that I don't think this should be behaving in this way. (I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue).

I got a couple user accounts setup with the MS ID. I have the skydrive desktop app installed. I moved my music collection to skydrive and placed it into a music folder within my skydrive. Did the same thing for my wife.

I then put the skydrive music folder into my music library (and hers for her under her user account). The purpose of course was we have OUR music separated. Now here's where it get weird.

When I am looking at the MUSIC library under in the homegroup (under her account name that is share in the homegroup), I don't see her skydrive music folder. ONLY MINE! Which my skydrive music folder shouldn't show up under her name in the homegroup.

The same thing happens when I sign in to her user account and click on my name in the homegroup. She doesn't see my music library, just her own. And let me point out, we both can see the regular MY MUSIC and PUBLIC MUSIC folders for each, just not the skydrive folders that I added to the library&homegroup

I did use the "Share with homegroup" option in the context menu, all that did was add another folder in the homegroup called MUSIC and it was from the skydrive folder. Problem that causes is that its not in the music library. (I cant remote stream it from other devices).

What the thought? RP bug, or normal behavior?