SkyDrive under Win8.1 RTM - file cannot be uploaded

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Ozymandias, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias MDL Junior Member

Jun 17, 2008
    I've been doing some testing moving around files to and from a test folder on SkyDrive under Win8.1 rtm and seem to got myself into a position where the SkyDrive client thinks a file should be synced from the local machine but fails as it "has a problem"

Metro SkyDrive shows an error "Files can't be uploaded because there's a problem with a file or folder" - View Details/Close

Clicking View Details displays "Problem" the folder/file in error and that's it. No option to ignore/delete or anything.

I've tried totally deleting the folders from the root of SkyDrive to no avail.

Windows Explorer shows the skydrive folder with an explanation mark - right clicking and selecting "View Problem" goes to the Metro Skydrive page detailing the file as above.

Any thoughts how I can clear this error?

2. eydee

eydee Guest

What I'd try:

1. Boot windows into safe mode, or even better, boot the computer from a linux live cd and mount the windows partition. Remove all files and folders that have issues.
    2. Login to skydrive.live.com using a browser (not IE) AND a different computer or linux live cd. Remove all corresponding files/folders.
    3. Now that you cleared both sides, you should be ok. If not, contact M$.