Sleep/hibernate sometimes freezes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AZImmortal, Oct 21, 2009.

1. AZImmortal

AZImmortal MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2009
    I'm having a problem on my laptop with Windows 7's sleep/hibernate modes where sometimes (maybe 25% of the time) after I select sleep or hibernate (both modes have this problem), my monitor turns off, the hard drive activity light flashes for a few seconds, and then that's it. It's like the laptop starts to sleep/hibernate but never finishes. The hard drive activity light stops flashing and the monitor stays off, but otherwise, the laptop itself is still on but is completely unresponsive, with the power LEDs still on and the laptop fan still running. My brother has the same problem with his laptop (different laptop model), and we're both running x64 RTM with all of the latest updates. Does anyone else have this problem? Or better yet, does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Got a similar issue here :

allthough hibernation is DISABLED on my rig, one evening i got home,
    and saw my monitor blackscreened and its power light flashing on and of. computer was still on, but wasn't responding to mouse or keyboard. Only a reset could resolve this.

Very weard, and has occured twice now.
    It's like the pc went to hibernation or something, but still turned on and not responding.

Sounds a bit like your experience ?

Haven't found the source yet, though...