slic 2.1 already in insyde hp bios

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pauldamo, Sep 4, 2009.

1. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    i have a compaq laptop ,i activated with loader,i found out bios has slic 2.1 in insyd bios ver f.33.so i tied to remove loader said couldn't find drive x,the computer rebooted and i wasn't activated,tried to activate with 7 loader with slic 2.1.in bios, it said key installed, check activation,still not activated,clicked install 7 loader and then i was activated,so now iam only activated with a loader still aren't i.am i doing something wrong,

2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    remove 7 loader. and forget it. then try to manually enter the hp cert to windows see the repository thread for how and a link to the certs if the key is gone then simply re enter the key also instructions in the mentioned thread that should work

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pauldamo

Aug 3, 2009
    when i try to remove 7 loader it said cannot find d've x,but it reboots then its unactivated does that mean it work at removing it ,thanks for your quick reply

4. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    You might just have to do a clean install. Anytime you use a lo*der it messes with your OS. Also manually enter the k e y .

5. jet29

jet29 MDL Member

Aug 8, 2009
    similar experience

I have a Toshiba Satellite L300-1bw model, i upgraded the bios from the manufacturer and it now has slic 2.1, i unintalled the loader also and got message windows is not activated, then after reading the repoistary info, i used opatool and changed the certificate to a different one, since there are a few for Toshiba and now the system is activated, use slic dump v2 to see name of certificate in memory and choose new corresponding name certificate for slic 2.1. that should fix your problem, also run 7loader 1.5 v2 and uninstall any loaders cracks etc.

6. pauldamo

Aug 3, 2009
    thanks for you help compaq presserio is now activated,i thought i would have to flash bios,but i found i already had it,i used any other loader to remove all cracks.then installed hp cert.and key by hand and am reg.without loader, thank you