SLIC 2.1 + OpaTool Activated Win7 Sp1 Partition Copied to 2nd HDD: Activation Issues?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by crashnburn, Jul 12, 2012.

1. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    SLIC 2.1 + OpaTool Activated Win7 Sp1 Partition Copied to 2nd HDD: Activation Issues?

Have this fresh install partition of Win7SP1 that want to keep around for whenever I want to plug into my laptop on any HDD.

Now, I cloned it to another HDD and as I check it for booting it went into an Unactivated State and did even let me get to anything. Major restricted desktop. No my computer/ explorer or allowing me to even get to the OPATOOL etc on my USB drive.

It was connected to the Internet so I wonder if it did some checking and deactivated it. Funny, cause the original copy is still working fine on 1st HDD.

What do/can I do to avoid such de-activations when I clone Win7 partitions?

What can I do here to activate here using the BIOS SLIC 2.1 and OpaTool as I have done before.

I just made another copy of the same and this time I am keeping the machine disconnected for the 1st boot. Hopefully, that should work.

But, if it goes kaput again, I'd like to understand what is the right way/ what can be done here.