Slic and Seven pro version does not

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by X64_Bit, Aug 4, 2009.

1. X64_Bit

X64_Bit MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009

Attached Files:

• Bab.png
      Bab.png
      File size:
      19.2 KB
      Views:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. X64_Bit

Aug 2, 2009
    :eek: oh nooooo ! :(

Thank you for your message,
    how long it serra possible to "find" the keys to the "pro" version ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cyclops

cyclops MDL Senior Member

Sep 10, 2007
    how long is a piece of string?

4. myexige

myexige MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    twice as long as one end to the middle

I'll get my coat..............................:eek:

5. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    That is why some of the people here are waiting for GA. Once we get closer to GA you will start to see more certs & keys become available.

But why even bother with Pro? If you are not going to pay for the OS anyways, just use Ultimate like everyone else. You can then just re-arm up to 120 days, which should be long enough to get and install a new key and cert.

6. X64_Bit

Aug 2, 2009
    Why the "Pro" version ... simply that I'm going to have a key "full account" officially. My only doubt is that this key will not work can not be on an official "retail" or "OEM", we may have a "special"?

I am trying to install the Ultimate version, and I managed to activate it (I changed my BIOS by adding the "SLIC" option) :D

This gives a lot of work to install Windows twice completely and software :cool:

7. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    I am guessing that you haven't been working with Windows for very long. After many years of working with every version that has existed, the one thing I can be absolutely sure of is that I will be re-installing it from scratch at some point or another to resolve yet another problem that MS is unable to fix, or for some other reason, whether its hard drive problems, memory problems, or just plain old viruses. Image restores help, but I've still had to do in-place upgrades in a couple of instances and full blown re-installs from scratch in others. I should note that this is not just my own PCs but those belonging to friends and relatives as well.

OK, enough ranting.

Until you know whether the key you are getting is retail, VLK, Action Pack, MSDN, or some other version, there really is no way to prepare for it other than to install without a key and just keep re-arming until you get the key and see what type of key it is.

8. X64_Bit

Aug 2, 2009
    Currently the key on my Vista X64 (large accounts) is a "Vista, VOLUME_MAK Channel" (slmgr-dli).
    I hope that these keys do not have a special DVD for installation :confused:

I have the answer in a few weeks / months :cool:

9. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    I have no experience with MAK or KMS, but I believe that both MAK & KMS are volume licensing mechanisms that activate essentially like retail activation except to private servers rather than online to Microsoft. They do not use OEM:SLP licensing so a SLIC in bios is of no use. SLICs allow you to activate offline with a matching cert & key. I think I read somewhere that MAK/KMS schemes are used a lot for colleges/universities.

Perhaps someone else here can provide more accurate info if I am incorrect.

To my knowledge, there is no unique DVD, you should be able to use any readily available W7 DVD than contains the PRO image to match the PRO key you will get.

10. X64_Bit

Aug 2, 2009
    Yes :D

Thank you for this info :)