SLIC Dump Toolkit and RW Everything shows different SLIC info

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ildocteur, Jul 31, 2009.

1. ildocteur

ildocteur MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2008
    Hi Guys,

I just updated my Asus M2AVM-HDMI with a home made MSI SLIC 2.1 bios.

After flashing the bios I wanted to check that the SLIC info was ok - so I ran RW Everything to check the SLIC table. as you can see in the rwe.jpg attachment.

Then I came across the great SLIC dump Toolkit program and wanted to try that as well. But as shown in the screenshot sdt.jpg a different slic table was shown.

The SLIC data shown by SLIC dump toolkit looks like the data from before i flashed the new bios.

The motherboard has some sort of safe flashing mechanism that will recover from a bad flash. Is it possible that SLIC dump toolkit reads the backup bios data or is there another explanation ?

ildoc

Attached Files:

• rwe.jpg
      rwe.jpg
      File size:
      93.7 KB
      Views:
    • sdt.jpg
      sdt.jpg
      File size:
      90.5 KB
      Views:
  2. calgop

calgop MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2007
    Do you replace old slic with new one or just add it to your bios ?

I guess that your slic table may be not ACPIn.ROM file , some bios, it include in BIOSCOD01.ROM . So, if you add it by appen the ACPIn.ROM file, it may not work.
    Anyway , just a guess.

3. davidxxw

davidxxw MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2008
    #3 davidxxw, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    There are two slic in your bios (check your first pic), SLIC dump toolkit only read first one. maybe you can't active win7 ,for M$ Win7 read first slic too(maybe).I have no test.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...