SLIC Toolkit shows different values on the same computer but on different partitions

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xaver, Jun 5, 2010.

1. xaver

xaver MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    I have Win7 32 and Win7 64 on two partitions. Both are Ultimate When I run the SLIC Toolkid 3.2 everything is green and it found the 2.1 Version of SLIC.

When I do the same with a different Win7 32 Ultimate version on a different partition (this one is on RAID 0) I get the error SLIC Table not found! On this version never a loader was used - at least to my best knowledge.

What can be wrong? PLEASE help :worthy:

2. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Clearly you do not have SLIC 2.1 in your BIOS and the loader is not running when you boot the RAID version.

Run the loader in the RAID version and it should be OK.

You probably have two Windows 7 boot configurations depending on what your system considered the first active partition on the first active disk in your computer at the time you installed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xaver

xaver MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    Thank you for your response. I am afraid you are right. On the other two partitions the loaders simulate SLIC 2.1. I was thinking that the SLIC Toolikit does not get confused by them (like Windows) but shows me directly the values from the BIOS and not from a loader. Learned something today ;-)