Slimdown10 – turn Windows 10 22H2 or LTSC 2021 into classic/legacy Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Deleted member 190847, Feb 15, 2023.

1. mooty221

mooty221 MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2016
    Pretty remarkable the complaining and arguing about what the op wants to support or not. Thanks wkeller, script is running beautifully for me no issues and extremely snappy.

2. d0ogie

d0ogie MDL Novice

May 16, 2021
    Just wanted to say thanks - this is awesome. Exactly what I am looking for. Saved me many hours/days of R&D. Working very well and as others have said, Windows 10 is incredibly fast with these changes.

3. fs2com

fs2com MDL Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Thanks wkeller for slimdown10... I try with v1.24. Everything seems snappy on old laptop.
    But camera is not accessible and can't use/login to microsoft teams...
    I notice the login to microsoft account is greyed out too in setting... what should i do to changed that?

4. Except capabilities and user UWP applications that are removed via DISM, almost everything the script the does can be reversed on a live system (via registry).

Having said that, I give you some hints:

1. Camera can be enabled in Settings in Permissions settings. Not any tweaks are necessary.

2. What regards Microsoft Account, try to run the below (command line), reversing script settings:
    Code:
    Reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftAccount" /v "DisableUserAuth" /f
    Reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "NoConnectedUser" /f
    Reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowYourAccount" /v "value" /f
    Reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptions" /v "value" /f
    Code:
    Reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessAccountInfo"  /f

5. S. Lucas

S. Lucas MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2021
    Everything installed smoothly for me, but now I'm having trouble with the internet connection.

Internet is connected via ASUS USB dongle (no other way to connect). Dongle has functioned reliably on an Integrate7 build for years, but now the connection drops out for a few minutes randomly, and especially when connecting to a new domain. Connection reestablishes after a few minutes, sometimes longer. Sometimes I have to manually disconnect and reconnect.

I uninstalled the drivers for the dongle, disconnected the device, restarted the PC, reinstalled the drivers, and reconnected the dongle. Still the same problem.

I suspect there might be some setting within the Slimdown10 policy that is causing the issue. Any ideas what might be the cause?

6. febrero2048

febrero2048 MDL Junior Member

Oct 19, 2017
    I did it, but options like Free up space no showed.

Any hint?

7. geese howard

geese howard MDL Member

Aug 18, 2009
    This package cannot be removed..
    Due log size, i cannot upload it.

upload_2023-3-24_20-13-5.png

8. fs2com

fs2com MDL Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Thanks wkeller will try it.
    So I can just REM the above script entry when creating new ISO with the new version of slimdown10?

9. pp03

pp03 MDL Senior Member

Apr 12, 2014
    something like cmge, but in polish :) excellent job. everything works as it should. I am using your firefox script also.

10. Yes, you can comment them out (via REM prefix) or remove them completely. It is your decision what you want to keep or modify.
    Your preferences does not have to meet mine.

11. 7theaven

7theaven MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2017
    I'm kinda hesitant about asking this question after the recent 'warm' discussions about W10 LTSC, but here goes:
    I'd planned to run the Slimdown commands on a fresh (home use) install of W10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.2728, which is described as 'Pre-activated'.
    Will Slimdown work on this OS?
    Or would it be best run on a fresh W10 Pro version from the MS server, activated via KMS?
    (dons tin hat and jumps into slit trench)

12. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Well pre-activated homebrews arent a thing we talk about here;) Its always better to make your own with our guidance.
    But Slimdown doesnt touch anything like that I bet, it woudnt make any sense.

13. schubidubi

schubidubi MDL Junior Member

Nov 9, 2022
    Slimdown10 is for offline Image configuration, not for use after installation.

14. #316 Deleted member 190847, Mar 26, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2023
    (OP)
    It should, but when using Enterprise, I recommend change this line:
    Code:
    reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL
    to this:
    Code:
    reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL
    ie. telemetry level to 0 (zero), which is possible only on Enterprise versions
    It should not have direct effects, because telemetry services are already disabled.
    But for purity, it should be set to lowest level possible on your OS.

15. JeepWillys58

JeepWillys58 MDL Addicted

Nov 6, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. JeepWillys58

JeepWillys58 MDL Addicted

Nov 6, 2010
    I just download it right now and don't use it yet, but there is a possibility that this tool work with Win 11 too, like 22621.1470?

Thanks in advanced for your great job!:worthy:

Best Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. It could, but not tested.
    And remember about --> this.

18. pp03

pp03 MDL Senior Member

Apr 12, 2014
    can you test it?