Slimdown11 – turn Windows 11 or LTSC 2024 into classic/legacy Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by SunLion, Mar 2, 2025.

  1. bendeyar

    bendeyar MDL Senior Member

    Mar 14, 2019
    276
    613
    10
    #2261 bendeyar, Sep 14, 2026
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2026
    sainfo

    I tested the script. There were a few errors,and the volume is very large, but the installer was created, so I'll try it out on a virtual machine. I'm not at home right now, but I'll upload some photos when I get back. Good luck with the project.
     

    Attached Files:

    • 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      236.6 KB
      Views:
      33
    • 0.PNG
      0.PNG
      File size:
      227.6 KB
      Views:
      31
  2. sainfo

    sainfo MDL Addicted

    Dec 6, 2021
    760
    1,753
    30
    I understand, but I warned you that this isn't the final version—it's a test version. I didn't squeeze every last drop of juice out of the character. The principle of the script itself was important. If you want, you can go more extreme with the character; it's all in your hands...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sainfo

    sainfo MDL Addicted

    Dec 6, 2021
    760
    1,753
    30
    #2264 sainfo, Sep 15, 2026
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2026
    Okay, I have a 26300 26H2 IoT Enterprise LTSC installed and had no issues with the tool. Why it wouldn't work on the 28000 is a complete surprise to me. Because the script has no restrictions and doesn't care what you're using. Nevertheless, since this issue exists, I'll look into it.
    Good luck to you!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rayman95

    rayman95 MDL Addicted

    Oct 3, 2018
    502
    364
    30
    #2265 rayman95, Sep 15, 2026
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2026
    just tested with an updated custom IoT LTSC 2024, and got some normal errors due to modifications already done on ISO..the Ui is very pleasant and the menu to choose options is very easy to understand...this tool is a beast and become better on each update...congrats @SunLion

    just notice than ISO is 12 Gb, because there is install.wim and install.esd together...
    I removed the initial install.esd file, and thats correct now..
     
  5. SunLion

    SunLion MDL Expert

    May 11, 2011
    1,776
    6,952
    60
    =========================
    2xH2_Creator_17.7
    =========================
    Update to 26x00.9457

    NOTE: Replace the attached all.txt and LCU2.txt files with the previous one in the DATA\UUP folder.
     

    Attached Files:

    • all.txt
      File size:
      769 bytes
      Views:
      31
    • LCU2.txt
      File size:
      27 bytes
      Views:
      26
  6. sainfo

    sainfo MDL Addicted

    Dec 6, 2021
    760
    1,753
    30
    #2267 sainfo, Sep 16, 2026
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2026
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ODY123

    ODY123 MDL Expert

    Apr 20, 2011
    1,175
    193
    60
    I think there are bugs in that OS - I couldn't run applications with city government; with other OS, no problem at all.
     
  8. sainfo

    sainfo MDL Addicted

    Dec 6, 2021
    760
    1,753
    30
    I'm afraid I have to disagree with you, because I'm running 26H2 IoT Enterprise LTSC (26300) with the latest updates (which were automatically installed via the Central Management Console), and personally, I haven't encountered any issues with the OS.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. sevenlin007

    sevenlin007 MDL Novice

    Nov 22, 2017
    34
    34
    0
  10. sainfo

    sainfo MDL Addicted

    Dec 6, 2021
    760
    1,753
    30
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. ODY123

    ODY123 MDL Expert

    Apr 20, 2011
    1,175
    193
    60
    Did you use 28000 to run your script?
     
  12. sainfo

    sainfo MDL Addicted

    Dec 6, 2021
    760
    1,753
    30
    Why, 26300, of course. I mean, who needs that hopeless 28,000? It’s basically a nobody with no name. IMHO
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. jagoanku

    jagoanku MDL Junior Member

    Jun 6, 2026
    51
    107
    0
  14. sainfo

    sainfo MDL Addicted

    Dec 6, 2021
    760
    1,753
    30
    Thank you very much for your detailed review! I have corrected all the errors and inconsistencies in my script that you pointed out, and I am currently testing the tool with your corrections incorporated.
    Thank you, and all the best!
    :shake:
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. ODY123

    ODY123 MDL Expert

    Apr 20, 2011
    1,175
    193
    60
    "I think there are bugs in that OS - I couldn't run applications with city government; with other OS, no problem at all."
    Exactly what I mean.
     
  16. sainfo

    sainfo MDL Addicted

    Dec 6, 2021
    760
    1,753
    30
    Thanks to some very helpful information from @jagoanku significant changes have been made to the script. I suggest you try this version of the testing tool as well.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. bendeyar

    bendeyar MDL Senior Member

    Mar 14, 2019
    276
    613
    10
    Every time I tried to run the script, it wouldn't work, so I've given up trying.
    Thanks for the effort, though.


    [sub_Mount] Initializing target acquisition sequence...
    PS>TerminatingError(): "Error during automatic media indexing workspace sequence: The variable '$global:projectRoot' cannot be retrieved because it has not been set."
    ![PIPELINE CRITICAL CRASH]: Error during automatic media indexing workspace sequence: The variable '$global:projectRoot' cannot be retrieved because it has not been set.
    Aborting workflow to protect baseline file structure integrity.
     
  18. sainfo

    sainfo MDL Addicted

    Dec 6, 2021
    760
    1,753
    30
    Well, I really don't even know what to say to you about this. Working with this tool is ridiculously simple. Why it isn't working for you is a complete mystery! Today, just to be sure, I ran the script back and forth at least ten times, hoping to find even the slightest error. Nope, everything worked perfectly and without a hitch.
    :thinking:
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. bendeyar

    bendeyar MDL Senior Member

    Mar 14, 2019
    276
    613
    10
    The problem might be on my end.
    We’d say, "Don't let it worry you."