Slipstream Windows Live Essentials 2011 + IE9 + SP1 into Windows 7 x64

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sbm, Mar 18, 2011.

1. sbm

sbm MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2009
    #1 sbm, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
    Can anyone guide me how to slipstream Windows Live Essentials 2011 (Full pack) + IE9 + SP1 into Windows 7 x64 installation DVD

I have tried RT7Lite but if SP1 is being sliptreamed the Windows Live Essentials 2011 is not installing properly and after installation it is showing error , while trying to open any of its sub program.
    Right now RT7Lite only support .msu file , but for Windows Live Essentials 2011 there is no .msu installer available.

So anyone can help on this.

Thanks.

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    You cant really slipstream exe's.. however you can sysprep and capture the image, capture several installations (version) to the same install.wim could be possible but size will increase pretty much.

Thats the closest thing you come to slipstreaming, the other option is using setupcomplete.cmd

3. HAL

HAL MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #4 urie, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I'm not sure If you can add switches to RTLite when installing applications if not use setupcomplete.cmd as tcntad said available switches for Windows Live Essentials 2011 below.

Use this command to silently install the client only.

Code:
    wlsetup-all.exe /AppSelect:Messenger /NOTOOLBARCEIP /NOCEIP /NOHOMEPAGE /NOLAUNCH /NOMU /NOSEARCH /SILENT
    available switches:
    Code:
    no toolbar ceip configuration
    /NOTOOLBARCEIP

no search configuration
    /NOSEARCH

no homepage configuration
    /NOHOMEPAGE

messenger only configuration
    /MESSENGERONLY

no CEIP configuration
    /NOCEIP

no MU configuration
    /NOMU

non-strict dependency configuration
    /NOSTRICT

no launch configuration
    /NOLAUNCH

silent/quiet configuration
    /SILENT

5. DPyro

DPyro MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2011
    #5 DPyro, Mar 21, 2011
    I have successfully integrated IE9 into x86/x64 ISO but there is a bug where it will constantly open the welcome screen everytime IE9 is launched. I found a registry hack, but how do I automate it so that IE9 welcome message only shows up once?

This completely disables it:
    Code:
    ;Disable IE9 Tour for all users

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    "DisableFirstRunCustomize"=dword:00000001

6. HAL

HAL MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    I found this info from an other site:

Method-1: Using Group Policy Editor:
    1. Press Start button + R and type “gpedit.msc” in the text field and press Enter to launch the Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane, expand User Configuration, then find and expand Administrative Templates, next find Windows Components under it and expand it. Then finally find “Internet Explorer”, click on it.

So the path would be: User Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Internet Explorer

4. On the right pane, find “Prevent performance of First Run Customize settings” and double click on it. A new settings window will open up.

5. Set the value to “Enabled” and then go for the options section. You will have two options from the dropdown menu:

i. Go directly to “Welcome To IE” page

ii. Go directly to home page

Select the first option (i) to skip the IE first run Customize Settings and go directly to your home page.

Select the second option (ii) to skip the IE first run Customize Settings and and go to the “Welcome to Internet Explorer” page directly.

6. Click Apply to save the settings then click OK and close the Group Policy Editor window.

Method-2: Using Registry Editor:

Warning: Using Registry Editor to modify Registry settings without much knowledge is deemed dangerous as it may cause some serious problems. Proceed to the Registry Editor at your own risk.

1. Press Start button + R to open run command dialog box. Type “regedit” and press OK to open the Registry Editor.

2. Before we work further, save a backup of the Registry Editor. Go to File > Export and save the .reg somewhere on your Hard disk or USB disk drive.

3. Navigate to the following path carefully in the Registry Editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\>Software\>Policies\>Microsoft\>Internet Explorer\>Main

4. Right click on the right pane and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.

5. Give it a value DisableFirstRunCustomize.

6. Now right-click on it and choose “Modify”.

7. Modify its DWORD (32-bit) Value to “1” from “0” and click OK.

8. Exit the Registry Editor.

Note: If you follow the Group Policy Editor method, the settings will be applied to all the users accounts, where as if you follow the Registry Editor method, the settings will effect only the currently logged in user account.

7. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
  8. ffcloud2000

ffcloud2000 MDL Member

Oct 23, 2009
    #9 ffcloud2000, Jun 12, 2011