Slow boot with 7loader

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Stool, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Hello,

I activated win7 with success on my asus p5n7a-vm mobo with 8 gb ram and e5200 intel, but I'm getting a serious delay after the post messages. It's just a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner. It hangs there for about half a minute before going to the "starting windows" splash thingy.
    The whole pc takes about 1min 45 secs to start up from pressing the "on" button to the desktop. Is anyone else having this problem?

My old 1.1ghz amd with less than 512 mb ram and win xp takes roughly about 30 secs to start up. Is this difference normal?

2. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Nobody has slow boot issues? What are normal boot times for 7loader users?

3. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Loaders just take more time to boot, because they need to launch and emulate other thinks first.

4. Collo

Collo MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    1/2 minute still sounds like ages to hang, when I was using an emulator it barely affected boot at all...
    @OP, why not try modding bios is the emulator rly takes that long?

5. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    It's a long time I haven't used a loader.
    By the way, more stuff you have in your PC (HDD, DVD Burner, etc...) more long it'll take to boot, because everytime he boots, he's scanning your material.

6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    After the "Starting Windows" screen when you then see the mouse mine hangs for around 15 seconds. I'm using a bios mod for a Gigabyte motherboard. Once I'm logged into Windows 7 everythings fast and shutdown time is great too, I'm not sure if its due to the bios mod or the fact I didn't format to install Windows 7 and I quad boot (I know Windows 7 isn't at the start of my hard drive).

My hard drive is fully defragmented and my system is not a POS either so I don't know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    thanks for the replies, people.

Yes lenmaer, I heard that, but from what I gathered, the extra time is just a matter of 2 or three seconds extra. Others even claim there is "no" extra time required to boot up.

I did a test, I clicked "uninstall all cracks" in 7loader, but even then I get this black screen with the flashing cursor for more than half a minute.

By the way, the disk was formatted, and all components are brand new.
    I'm starting to this this has something to do with a new asus feature called express-gate?

8. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Alright, I guess I kinda fixed it. Still not really impressed by the boot time though. It's down to 1min 15 secs, coming from 1min45

I changed the boot order from cd first to hd and disabled any third booting device.

Not happy with this "fix", but at least it stops needing to look at a blinking cursor for half a minute

9. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    So, if I do a bios mod, I might still have a slow boot?
    What are average times for booting anyway? Searching for "slow boot" just gave me my old thread.

10. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    #10 Paft, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
    I am using Daz's latest and it only takes like 3sec longer at that "mouse hang bit" than without.
    edit: I will go and time it now.
    edit2: From pressing the power button to seeing the desktop it take 29sec. Erm.. 0sec at "mouse hang bit". Those bits pre desktop are all split seconds.

11. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    @ paft: Wow just 29 sec? Ok, seems I will have to check my system again. I have an e5200 duo at 2.5GHz with 8GB ram, so it should boot faster than in one and a half minute, right?
    Maybe I have a slow mobo, if that even is possible? Asus p5n7a-vm.

12. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I have:
    CPU: Core2Duo E4600 @ 2.4GHz
    RAM: 1GB

Your moby seems good.

HDD the issue prehaps? If you have a spare one temp install Windows on that to test.

13. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I suspect the delay is due to your hardware. After the post, windows load drivers, and if one or more of your hardware having some sort of problems, the process will be slowing down. Try disconnect them one by one, see if you could identify them.

14. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Ok, before I start ripping up my pc, is 30 seconds the average boot time?
    Just to make sure, before I start disemboweling my comp.

15. _Spee_

_Spee_ MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    Quad Core Q6600. Asus P5K-e Wifi. nVidia 8800 GTS. 3GB RAM(800Mhz). Windows 7 RTM 64 Bits.
    It starts in about 30" with all 7Loader version.

Cheers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Thanks for the reply spee. I did a format and clean install. Still not getting anywhere near 30 seconds. Now my boot time is 1 min 20 sec.

17. bonksmeister

bonksmeister MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Do you have any additional storage controllers for that mobo, e.g. for eSATA? If you do, try disabling it from the BIOS.

18. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Tried that, no joy. Set my hd as first boot device too and disabled booting from other devices.