SLP BIOS activation suddenly stopped working.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HittingSmoke, Mar 30, 2012.

1. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke MDL Novice

May 17, 2010
    Bumping this as I still haven't been able to find a solution.

I've tried different keys from the OEM list with no luck...

2. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
  3. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke MDL Novice

May 17, 2010
    #23 HittingSmoke, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  4. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Just a heads up... the solution proposed is correct but just in case you want the reason why this happened...
    ...and I quote M$: " 0xC004F063. It reports that the software licensing service reported that the computer BIOS is missing a required license."

Basically this means the cert needs re-installing (not the key.)

viz: "cscript //nologo %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs -ilc %windir%\system32\" & Certname & ".XRM-MS"

tho' Daz loader does all that for you :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    Yes, cert has to be installed first, or key will not be accepted.

6. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke MDL Novice

May 17, 2010
    Out of curiosity, what would cause this to happen the way it did? It didn't coincide with a Windows Update or anything. I'd been running this install for months with no issues. My first thought was malware but there were no other issues and all of my scans came up clean.

7. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Who knows.. I have not been able to pin-point the exact cause - WATU is not the brightest crayon in the box... LMAO :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. thatguychuck

thatguychuck MDL Member

Feb 6, 2011
    I cannot find the post now, but I read another member's theory on here that sometimes a hard drive picks up just a little bit of corruption, in just the right place.

9. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Mmmm tokens.dat? that's the theory...

10. pidgey

pidgey MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    hi, i had a similar problem, out of nowhere my pc with modded bios started giving me problems with the Windows 7 activation.

In the last weeks i had a few hardware issues, with the pc freezing a couples of times every day.

Tuns out, those freezes messed up with the bios, so what happened was that windows 7 didnt find for some reason the information regarding OEM bios, to solve this problem i JUST had to switch completely off the power from the computer and turn it back on.

Not just switch off the computer, also take to power cable off or turn the PSU off if you can.