SLP keys question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by spleenharvester, Jun 6, 2012.

1. spleenharvester

spleenharvester MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2012
    Hey all.

I've had plenty of experience with SLP keys and OEMBIOS files in XP, on XP I'd use an OEM key, then use the OEMBIOS file changer, then use the Genuine Windows Key Changer tool thing to change the key to the one of the system.

This is my first time with Windows 7 and I don't have a clue. The system in question is Home Premium X64 on a friend's laptop which had a failed HDD.

1) I assume it won't just activate with the key on the bottom, just as it was with XP?
    2) I downloaded an Acer Home Premium OEM sources package from a sticky thread on this forum. Am I right in thinking the $oem$ folder just drops in the root of the setup disk? Do I have to add anything to make it run the .bat files responsible for activation?

If I've got it all wrong, how do I go about activating Windows using the key on the bottom?

Cheers!

2. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    You can use the key on the bottom to activate online but it needs to match the version of Windows 7 that the key is for. Or you can use manufacturer key and certs available here to activate.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    u can make usb win 7 with USB:/sources/EI.CFG deleted to give u prompt for windows 7 version.
    read in the "official windows 7 repository"

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. spleenharvester

spleenharvester MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2012
    Fantastic, that's all I needed to know. Thankyou!

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ spleenharvester, you need to add the $OEM$ folder to sources folder.