smart phone

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by campingfriends, Jan 4, 2014.

1. campingfriends

campingfriends MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2012
    Is the I-phone still the best smart phone?

2. SkaterStu

SkaterStu MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2012
    No, Apple is just the most publicized "to be" but really isn't. You're better off with an Android for app's and core spec

3. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Has it ever been? :p
    IMHO, all Apple products are just part of a big hype, something for people to feel better, because they have this "Apple experience". Who ever needs that, for me it's just part of a consume-orientated world and THE symbol for being mainstream. I can't see why people think Apple products make them individual... they're not. Individual would be to have a smart phone almost no one else has - or to have no smart phone at all. This is what I consider individual and against mainstream. You own an iPhone? Mainstream. Think people that don't like Apple just can't afford it because they're poor? Ridiculous and arrogant. High price smart phones are almost the same in prices. If I can pay a few hundred bucks for a smart phone, it doesn't matter whether it's model A or B. Need something expensive to show your status and to feel good? You're probably one of the poorest persons in this world.

So much for social critisism...

My personal opionen: read a few product tests on the internet, go to the next shop, hold some cell phones in your hand and play around with them, and take what you like best. That's the way I bought my first smartphone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...