Snipping Tool in XP?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by ymustuknow, Jun 8, 2008.

1. ymustuknow

ymustuknow MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2008
    #1 ymustuknow, Jun 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
    Hello to all,
    I am wondering if there is a similar tool in XP that is like the Vista Snipping Tool, that is totally free and legal? I tried Vista Ultimate and loved it! I can't wait to buy Ultimate!

Thanks for the help :D

2. ymustuknow

ymustuknow MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2008
    Thanks for replying Fisherman, but I did see that application and it seems that it only works with the Tablet Edition (I tried installing). :(

3. fisherman

fisherman MDL Novice

May 5, 2008
    Yeah so did I after I posted a reply to your append.

I'm thinking of editing the installation file with orca, a M$ edit utility to see if it can be made to bypass the install hook and install it in a virtual machine for test.

Regards,
    jj

4. ymustuknow

ymustuknow MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2008
    That'd be cool, please let know how that works for ya, and if you can share if it works. :D

5. ymustuknow

ymustuknow MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2008
    Thanks for the help, I will be trying this today. You also showed me a part of GotD that I never noticed.:):):

6. memberjoe

memberjoe MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2007
    #8 memberjoe, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. arbalu

arbalu MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2010
    U can use the Screen clip from MS office's Onenote instead.

See the complete solution here "electromice.blogspot.com/2010/08/snipping-tool-for-xp.html"

Also u can download the thirdparty's application snippy from there.

8. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    It's not been in Windows XP. I'm using Windows XP Professional since many years but I couldn't find snipping tool there. So how you can say it's included in Windows XP? Now I'm using Windows 7 and I found it there.

9. recompiler

recompiler MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    Check out this tool i found " Search google for "jing" its by a company called Techsmith. It's just like the "Snipping Tool" It worked great for me when i was a daily XP user...:D