So my retail install became an RC1 install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Extremador, May 21, 2010.

1. Extremador

Extremador MDL Novice

May 20, 2010
    #21 Extremador, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
    (OP)
    I'm definitely not gonna clean install. I have installed way too many things to just start all over again, and plus, every time I clean install I have to go through the process of installing all my music production stuff again and registering locations of plugins and data. Way too much stuff to do.

And also, I did revert option with Chew-WGA, and now system properties say "Windows is activated." Case closed.

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Hey, I would be careful around Chew-WGA and RemoveWAT. According to sources M$ knows about both cracks and are planning to pull the plug on them soon. IDK how they will do it but they will somehow.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    People here are only telling you to take the couple hours to reinstall to avoid future problems.

I'm sure they speak from the bottom of their hearts as well as from extensive experience :D

4. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Mods should IMHO close threads more often when OP's problem is solved? But I guess he closed it himself. :)

5. Extremador

Extremador MDL Novice

May 20, 2010
    Well I'm no longer using it. Revert meaning, not using the hack anymore.

Meh. I don't have enough time to go through the re-installation process. Maaaaaaaybe once I buy Windows 7 and won't have to worry about cracking and stuff all over again.