[Solved] Bluescreen windows asking for product key

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zxblood, Mar 18, 2018.

1. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    avoid an upgrade do a fresh install after formatting the drive, save all you need before, drivers, apps....

2. zxblood

zxblood MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2018
    arghh damnit! fair enough! what do you mean by save drivers? Are there any examples?

3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Depending of your motherboard you'll find them on the manufacturer website if they are supported for w10

4. zxblood

zxblood MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2018
    Its annoying but i think i will just backup my more important files lol and then reformat and go for the win 10 :/

5. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    Next time make sure to no click on any suspicious link you find on the net and of course install of AV is necessary.

6. zxblood

zxblood MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2018
    Its really strange but my dad usually just uses my PC when he needs to for basic stuff, and he has been using it all this time so i can't imagine he would eff up now lol.

I have one hunch that because it is a pirated version along with key-gen product codes, I am just guessing maybe that it has expired, because i may have seen/been familiar with the same blue screen before from 4 years ago, which is why i went for the activation loader (i don't think its by Daz) 4 years ago when i first downloaded it. Although the blue screen looks dodgy as f**k, but i think its just graphical parted imprint within the pirated version possibly. Its been so long but i can't remember the specifics.

Ohh yeah that is right, I remember starting with XP (default) and then i used some pirated windows 7 for something lol as well as the key gen.

Regardless, now that I have access to a windows 10, am i able to just simply reformat, then load windows 10 from a booted USB, even if the original windows OS may have been pirated?

Cheers guys!

Not the most tech savy :D

7. markokk888

markokk888 MDL Senior Member

Aug 13, 2012
  8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #28 urie, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^yep is very simple and don't have none cost

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. zxblood

zxblood MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2018
    hi guys thanks for the advice.!

Marko, what do you mean by "The original OS installed on your hard drive ar nothing to do about what your trying to boot from a USB stick" ?

When I reformat (after i backup), I think the original installed OS is going to be XP (irrc lol been so long or maybe it could be win 7), is there a way for me to load so that it goes into windows 10 rather than starting as 7 and then going to 10? I will be mounting the windows 10 ISO onto a mounted usb. I've actually never backup'd before, but will i have to worry about the 'hidden' malware from going into the external hard-drive ? Cheers

11. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    The whole point of making a bootable media(CD/DVD or USB) and performing a clean install is to install a desired version of an operating system.
    No matter what OS you have currently running, you can make a bootable usb with windows 10 on it, format the system partition and install windows 10 on it. (You are NOT mounting anything on the usb! Mounting is something completely different.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. markokk888

Aug 13, 2012
    #32 markokk888, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Well first of all i suggest you to avoid xp since the os is no longer supported. If you want xp so badly i suggest you to try the posready 2009. So what you want is to have 3 os's installed ? it's simple just split your hard drive in to 3 separate partitions. i suggest you to use windows 10 boot manager for choosing which os to boot you can config the boot process details later. About that malware backup only files you know and care about not the whole partition and there is no point of worrying as long as the malware is inactive it won't do any harm to you. I suggest you also to backup your files when you in safe mode for security reasons if you have compromised system it would be a little bit better option.

It's hard to explain everything to him because i see his completely lost. zxblood maybe you have a friend or something with a bit more knowledge about things that can help you done what you want ?

13. zxblood

zxblood MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2018
    hey lads, i think i'm just gonna put the windows 10 ISO onto a bootable USB and reformat the current desktop.

If i just want to keep files related to uni work, personal work etc (mostly .doc and .ppt and excel files), is there a need for me to do a proper backup instead of a simple drag and drop ?

14. markokk888

Aug 13, 2012
    You can just simple drag and drop files to a usb stick or external hard drive. Then format the current hard drive and do a clean install.