[SOLVED] Freezing and beeping with new Laptop

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by QuantumBug, Apr 5, 2016.

1. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    #1 QuantumBug, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Having an issue with a Gigabyte P34W-V5-CF2 gaming Laptop.

Once I exit any game the Laptop mouse will become laggy and the Laptop will beep whenever the mouse is moved, desktop and Windows Explorer are unresponsive. This can happen immediately after I end the game or a little while after. It seems to be better when the charger is plugged in but the issue still occurs.

I checked event logs but there's nothing, only kernel power issues as I have to hard power off.

Windows 10 x64 (1511) - Updated with the latest drivers and BIOS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    #4 QuantumBug, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    (OP)
    Okay, that was quick. I uninstalled KB3140768, used wshowhide to block the update, restarted and the issue is gone. Apparently it's a widespread problem since MS updated their Xbox One controller drivers for Windows.

If you follow these steps after installing other dodgy drivers and get code 10, uninstall the drivers, unplug the controller or wireless adapter and plug either back in.

Hopefully this helps somebody else! If you play The Division you may end up here lol.