[Solved] [help] Windows 8.1 Pro question

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by soon-kyu, Mar 27, 2016.

1. soon-kyu

soon-kyu MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2016
    #1 soon-kyu, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    Hello, I recently received a computer from a friend and it had a pirated Windows 8.1 Pro in it, but it has been notifying me that the windows license is about to expire. What should I do ?? I don't know much about what he did, I have KMSpico v9.1.3 so I am guessing that is what he used to install this copy of windows.? what do you guys recommend I do ? upgrade to windows 10, and buy a real key from microsoft ? Or is there any other solutions out there? Will there be data loss in betwene upgrades/fixes ?
    Also, I heard that I can just upgrade to windows 10, and it apparently becomes a legit copy of windows 10? Is that really true ?
    - please and thank you

2. atoxique

atoxique MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2016
    #2 atoxique, Mar 27, 2016
    KMSpico? LOL :rolleyes:

Get rid of that piece of :censored: and use the Microsoft Toolkit, made by another MDL user, CodyQX4. Get it here: forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
    Download the 2.6 version. Yes, it says BETA, but it's fine. I'm using it on my pirated Windows 8.1 too. (I hate Windows 10)

If you're upgrading to Windows 10, no, it won't become legit. Not at the start, at least. Once you've used Microsoft Toolkit on Windows 10, you'll be fine.

So, delete KMSpico and use Microsoft Toolkit if you're keeping Windows 8.1
    If you want Windows 10, delete KMSpico, upgrade to Windows 10, and use Microsoft Toolkit.

But how do I use it?
    1 - Download a torrent client (unless that laptop already has one on it). I recommend using qbittorrent, it's a free and open source one quite similar to uTorrent.
    2 - Go to the page I linked above ^^ and use the torrent link for 2.6.
    3 - The torrent will download. If you don't mind, please seed it when it's done!
    4 - Open the ZIP and copy the Microsoft Toolkit program to your desktop (or somewhere)
    5 - Launch the Toolkit and click the Windows flag. (If you want to activate Office, you can do that too after Windows)
    6 - Click the Activation tab and then EZ-Activator and wait.
    7 - If all goes right, you should activate in a few seconds.

3. soon-kyu

soon-kyu MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2016
    #3 soon-kyu, Mar 27, 2016
    (OP)

I did everything you just said and it worked!! thank you very much ! Quick question though, so I checked the slmgr /xpr and now it says that it expires in 9/23/16, does that mean I just have to open the toolkit again and click EZ-activator a month before it expires again ?? Unless I did something wrong, and it was meant to be "permanently activated " after doing these steps ?
    - Thank you so much again !

4. atoxique

atoxique MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2016
    #4 atoxique, Mar 27, 2016
    Nope! If you clicked EZ-Activator, you don't have to worry about it again, simply because it sets a scheduled task to check activation every day, and if needed re-activate. The only time you need to re-activate by yourself is if you upgrade to Windows 10 (unless you already have) or if you reinstall Windows 8.1.

If, for some reason, it does become un-activated, just re-activate using the same method, but trust me, you won't have to unless you, as you see above ^^, upgrade to Windows 10 or reinstall Windows 8.1

Glad I could help! And don't forget to come back to MDL if you need help with tech ;)

(Also click Like or Thanks [or even both, if you can do that?] on any post that helps you!)

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    @sl1fka

You don't look so well by expressing your thoughts about others members' tools. They have feelings and do their best efforts to give for FREE their hard work. If you don't like any tool made in here just don't mention or talk about it if you can't refrain your rude comments, just saying.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    KMSpico 9.1.3 is ancient, use the latest version (10.2.0 atm) and everything will be just fine.

Upgrading from a 8.1 kms activated to 10 will also result in a legit 10 HWID, gatherosstate shortcut should not work to get a HWID.

For your opinion about kmspico i'm 100% behind mr.x's reply.

7. Meat[On]A[Stick]

Meat[On]A[Stick] MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2015

Two Thumbs Up!
    I've used both solutions numerous times, physical and virtual machines, 100% success. I have nothing but the deepest respect for both creators.