[SOLVED] Home Premium to Professional help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JPHFanEdits, May 20, 2018.

1. JPHFanEdits

JPHFanEdits MDL Novice

May 20, 2018
    So I recently purchased a new computer with no OS from Newegg. I had a genuine Win7 Home Premium disc with product key that I purchased in 2014. I also recently installed SP1 and a few other updates. (This computer is without I wireless card and is rarely connected to the internet, so I d/l’ed them them to a thumb drive) Then after looking in the Properties I noticed that only 16gb of RAM was being used of 24gb installed. After a quick search online I found out that Home Premium only allows 16gb and that I need Pro to use all of my RAM. I then happened on to this site, and I think my problems may be solved. However, I have no idea where to start with this process. Looks like I need Daz Loader, but I’m not sure if I need a Pro ISO too. Also, will using Daz hinder me from installing updates passed SP1? Will it be detected by MS and effectively “brick” my PC? Any help on the process would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Brand new computer with old OS? Put Windows 10 on it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JPHFanEdits

JPHFanEdits MDL Novice

May 20, 2018
    I don’t know if I like 10. Maybe in the future. Also I t’s not at brand new computer either. It’s a used workstation.

4. jeggg

jeggg MDL Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Hello
    After a clean install you have 30 days to activate. Get your OS running 100%, then activate last, no hurry.

5. JPHFanEdits

JPHFanEdits MDL Novice

May 20, 2018
    I’ve already activated the home premium version with the product key I purchased. Will the loader not work now? Can I still upgrade to Pro, or do I need to start over? Also, the version I installed was original 7 not sp1, I had to update to sp1