Solved - How to remove Get Started ?

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by LiteOS, Jul 1, 2021.

Pl i already quoted "LiteOS" Expert on MDL having accurate solution to your query :)
    Thank you too <======>

1. wmn

wmn MDL Junior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    #22 wmn, Oct 8, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    Ok, I found the solution:

in the folder:

C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy

you edit the file (you must take ownership of that file and give total control permission ex: for administrators):

AppxManifest.xml

Remove the section that is related to GetStarted, the whole section:

<Application Id="WebExperienceHost" ...
    </Application>

Then save, restore permission and restore original ownership ("NT Service\TrustedInstaller").

Unfortunately, the Icon for Get Started will still be in the start menu.

I don't know how to remove it.

The only solution to not have this icon was to mount the install.wim from installation (using DISM), and do the procedure described above, then unmount saving change to install.wim.

This way when you install windows, there is no more Get Started apps or icon.

Tested this in a VM.

2. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Share please

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shared that time to LiteOS & deleted next day ;)
    LiteOS is the only one who can help . My project is all same as your secret tool for which i told you not to publish in any condition online.
    But will share with you in pm.
    so its better we both come in PM not to share anything openly

4. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    I still retain a copy... and managed to get a copy of your latest $OEM$ pack

5. Boss you already know that i am always with you . cuz you are the one who always admire my scripting code . i will share with you anything you need anytime :)

6. Opa114

Opa114 MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2009
    i have the same question: how to fully remove the get started app from Win11?

7. LiteOS Plus Drew84 knows that . I am just a learner like you not a administrator at any system :)
    Both of them are MDL experts. Pl Pm them for query regarding many ways they know to remove non removable system apps from w10 or w11 online os.

for offline wim index inboxapps removal abbodi1406 has shared his reg tweak years ago on MSMG thread & is still working like a charm.

8. Gmy77

Gmy77 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2008
    I have only memory trashed by this shame... but nothing to do... MS inserted this as "best not to remove" otherwise... for sure, problems.