[Solved] How to Windows 7 Activation $OEM$ add folder ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rufiq, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The loader doesn't ever touch the BIOS, so by formatting your hard drive you'd lose the injected SLIC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    ok thanks for the reply, so that would mean that MRP project by @mxman2k will be useless for people who installed win7 on their machines in the past and used DAZ for activation as slic table will be lost after reformating the hard drive, correct ?

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    If the computer has a valid SLIC in the BIOS then the MRP will detect it and insert the cert and key for the brand and Windows would be activated.

If no SLIC in the bios found then MRP would just do the branding only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The MRP is meant for installs on systems with a valid slic (vista/7/some servers), HWID (win 10) or MSDM (win 8/10) (or when you have a working key).

5. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    thank you, i already know that but how do you get a valid slic ?
    i thought that using DAZ for activation will get you a valid slic which will allow you to use the MRP project for automatic activation but i've just learnt that you loose slic table after clean install, so i'm asking again, how do you get a valid slic ?

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    recently you have been pushing another member to modify his bios and now you don't know where you sent him anymore:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/bios-mods.25/

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The valid slic is within the computers BIOS tables. I use a program to query the BIOS for the SLIC / MSDM table information.

If it valid then MRP will act accordingly to the OS.

If they not valid/present or not match the requirements such as v2.0 (vista) on a Win 7 (v2.1) install then it will be ignored as it not valid for that OS.

The loader Emulates those tables to fool the OS into thinking they are present.

8. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    yes, i know already all these information but it didn't answer my question.
    Let me rephrase it in other words.
    People have a valid slic if they buy their machine with a pre installed os, correct ?
    People who bought their machine without os (freedos) won't have a valid slic unless they mod their bios, correct ?

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #49 mxman2k, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    If a branded pc is bought say Acer, HP etc then they usually come with a SLIC (for Vista/7), later ones come with 8.x/10 MSDM tables (some have SLIC and MSDM) the OS supplied with the computer will match which is used.

If the pc was bought with NO OS then most wont have a valid slic table, it be a dummy one ie blank or random stuff which will NOT activate anything.

10. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    When i found out that modding and flashing the bios were 2 different things, i corrected and told him to only flash his bios.

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The whole purpose of the modding bios thread is about flashing with modified bios containing slic tables, added to them by the different bios devs.

Actually that's what MDL made what it now is.

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Modding is editing the bios it may be for adding a SLIC table or other fancy work such as un-hiding a menu option etc.

'Flashing' is the process of overwriting the BIOS data with the newly edited bios file -- that is the part that go very wrong and brick (render useless) the computer.

13. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    that's what i thought, thank you for confirming it.
    so just to be perfectly clear, MRP project is not meant for people who used DAZ for activation in the past in a machine which was bought without os and whose bios was not modified. Do you confirm this ?

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP is for SLIC/MSDM (HWID) activation ONLY, it does not use any loaders etc.

If no SLIC or valid one then it will just brand only and not add any OEM certs etc. Likewise if no MSDM table (or valid one) it wont be able to activate it or if the MSDM key is not for the edition that is installed.

The MRP thread (first post) and the readme files in the archive of the project explains all that.

15. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    ok thank you, it's now clear to me.
    just a last thing, what do you mean by 'it will just brand only" ?

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Exactly as it says!

If no way to activate it legally then that side is ignored and the MRP will brand the computer with whatever is found in the DMI information ie make/model etc. If it HP then it will brand it HP, MSI=MSI, Gigabyte=Gigabyte etc...

If the MRP cannot find any name to brand with then the standard windows theme will be used.

17. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    ok thank you.
    To be honest, i already knew most information you just mentionned, what i didn't know is that slic table was lost after a clean install for people who used DAZ for activation before, i thought people could use your project for automatic activation after they have activated their win7 version with DAZ and now all this was clarified. THanks.

18. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    So it means that in his case (the member who asked for the "oem" folder for automatic activation), the MRP project is useless and won't allow him to activate his win7 version automatically as he told me that his machine was bought without os so he does not have a valid slic and i doubt that he did the needed steps to mod his bios.

19. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Nope.

No slic v2.1 present = no win 7 activation via MRP.

20. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Maybe the OP can post the MRP project.log? Or run the QT?