[Solved] Need New 'Valid' Product Key For Windows 7 Pro On ACER Aspire Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Davy49, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Davy49

Davy49 MDL Junior Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Hi,
    I'll be the FIRST person to admit I did something rather 'stupid'..I'm sure most of you know that microsoft is letting members of 'windows insider', download & install the windows 10 technical preview version 9926 for free right now so they can get feedback from user's on how to 'improve' the final release. I guess I was so excited to try something different on the laptop I'm typing this on (ACER Aspire 5100-3357), thathat I failed to remember one VERY important fact..I was running a 'patched' copy of windows 7 professional w/service pack 1 installed. So when I tried installing the windows 10 tech. preview on this laptop..of course it didn't install correctly. On top of that..my 'patch' that had been applied previously was removed when trying to upgrade to windows 10 tech. preview. So when I went back to windows 7 pro w/sp1, I of course was notified by ms that I was not running 'genuine' software, and needed to obtain a new product key. I went into the registry and was able to get rid of the 'nag' screen & also the notification on my desktop that the version of windows I was running was not genuine. But now I only have 2 days until 'automatic' activation is to occur. I'm trying to obtain a 'valid' product key to make my copy of windows 7 pro w/sp1 once again show it's status as 'activated' once again. The product key I currently have installed is: 00371 - OEM - 8992671 - 00004 , I don't remember how I corrected this issue a LONG time ago now on this older laptop..the EASY way for me would be able to obtain a valid/working product key so I could just keep using the software I've already got installed on this laptop. Anyone have any good suggestion's for me to try...so as to avoid the hassle with microsoft and the dreaded activation process !
    Thanks So Much,
    David :(

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Davy49

Davy49 MDL Junior Member

Nov 27, 2008
    #3 Davy49, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    (OP)
    Hi Tito,
    Thanks for the link's..I think I'll be patient and see if anymore solution's might be offered..my thinking is, ms has ALWAYS been so money hungry, if they had changed their thinking about how much they charge for their software..user's wouldn't have to resort to having to do what they do !!
    Thanks,
    David ;)

Edit: I just downloaded the software (Version 2.2.2)

4. Davy49

Davy49 MDL Junior Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Windows Loader worked correctly..Thanks :D