[Solved] PC can't detect my GPU

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Angeloff1337, Mar 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Remember if you are going to remove the 4600 card, go into bios first and turn on the onboard gfx before turning off the pc and removing the 4600 or you might not get any display at all! I forget to do that sometimes and wonder well it used to work then had to put card back in, bios change settings save, turn off and remove the card a 2nd time lol

Joys of computing as they say! :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Angeloff1337

Angeloff1337 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2015
    Okay thanks,i just downloaded AMD autodetect and it says my graphic hardware is HD4XXX series so it means its detected.

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    So the process to change those settings in the bios do work. It should technically auto turn off the onboard when a card is fitted but sometimes they dont and you end up with just onboard or two cards showing in device manager.

At least its being detected so when you get the better gfx card you know how to change the bios and you should be good to go with the new graphics. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...