[Solved] PC not booting with nvidia gtx 1070

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by alextheg, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    I'm looking at upgrading asap. Thinking of getting an Asus Z270p with an i5 7600k, 8gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair vengeance. As yet undecided on PSU. thinking of putting it all in an Aerocool DS3.

Time to sweet talk the wife :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Tell her it's gonna cost twice as much as it really is, one of two things will happen, either she'll agree and you'll have more to play with, or she'll go mad, when she goes mad and you tell you you're joking and it's actually only half the amount, she'll think that's much better than she would if you told her the real price first time :D

4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep MrMagic is correct this happen with me and in the final my wife seem crazy as dragon lol, but nothing as kiss to solve my upgrade :D:p

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #25 Joe C, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Tell your wife your getting her a pc too, buy a new case and give her your old one
    (it's the reason my wife has a Cooler Master 912 now and I have a new Corsair 500R)

6. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    #26 alextheg, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    (OP)
    You lot are very funny :) Well the saga continues as today from a cold boot the machine stuck at the splash screen again. For whatever reason the pc didnt like part of the beta UEFI i flashed from over at tweaktown. Backup bios kicked in and reset everything including settings for PCI ROM. I cant be doing with this behaviour , so was expecting to upgrade imminently.

Then it occured to me........ Flashed back to legacy /hybrid official BIOS from Gigabyte using "EFI2AWD" from within DOS......... It only bloody works now. Cant believe it , so far so goood........ but on the downside that upgrade will have to wait. That'll cheer the wife up anyway lol.....

7. jeggg

jeggg MDL Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Glad you got it to boot . I have ASUS ROG and an extra bios chip flashed to another version. The chip is not soldered so easy to change. ASUS has nice bios for manual tweaking timing etc if you decide on that. I saved forever & bought corsair 1000w modular PSU, although system doesn't require that much, why get a 600w when GPU needs 500w , IMO a 100w buffer is not enough. At minimum get a 750w :) Good luck with upgrade!

8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep I love your sugestion dude but here I believe that don't works unfortunately my wife have two hands closed is very dificult to take some $$ :nono2::weep: