[Solved] Reinstall oem windows 8.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by deshal, Jun 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. deshal

deshal MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2015
    I have a lenovo z510 model that came with windows 8. I was trying to multi boot with windows 7 but windows 7 need a mbr format. By default my HD was in gpt type soo with hiren tool, I converted my HD to mbr type for installation. In this process I damaged windows 8 and I cannot reinstall it though i successfully installed windows 7 in legacy mode.
    In uefi mode, it says boot manager is missing.
    I completely formated my HD and have no recovery media to reinstall windows 8.
    The reason for asking recovery media is that I called lenovo about the issue and this guy said about submitting laptop to lenovo service and they will order a recovery media which has a cost to pay. I asked about alternate method and he said that if any of your friend has same model i.e z510, you can make a recovey from him and it MAY recover your windows 8.
    Can any one guide my through the process of reinstalling and activating windows 8 or can any one give recovery of windows 8.
    I have taken win 8 embedded key by RW everything and I have a windows 8 single language iso downloaded through Microsoft media creation tool.
    Thanx for the reply.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    coleo is right; just install using the created ISO; it'll automatically pick up the key and if you're connected with internet then will auto-activate you.

3. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    Hello deshal - Just so that you are aware of this, you also have the option of downloading Windows 8.1 and installing it. Just make the version of 8.1 that you download matches the version of Windows 8 that the Lenovo originally came with, for example 8.1 Core Single Language. As Tito has stated, you will find that it activates automatically as soon as you connect to the internet. This is what I chose to do on my HP Envy DV7 laptop and had no problems with either installing or activating Windows 8.1.

Also, before installing, make sure to change the partition table on the disk from MBR back to GPT, and make sure that you have UEFI boot enabled in your BIOS settings. And depending on your machine and it's BIOS, it might also be a good idea to make sure that Secure Boot is set to disabled prior to installation. After your installation is complete, you can then set it back to enabled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. deshal

deshal MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2015
    Ok. Thanks for the reply.

5. deshal

deshal MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2015
    While referring to other forums about installation win 8.1 from the scratch on a oem system, many have faced a problem for activation.

this guy also had a problem
    answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/windows-8-pro-oem-activation-on-a-pc-after/a81f847c-2128-44e6-8752-0c8a367b268d/

Same as here but he solved it with a different iso file that i also have downloaded after reading his post.(follow last post)
    eightforums.com/installation-setup/50974-windows-8-1-core-single-language-installation-w-win8-key.html/

Should i install with a generic key and then enter my win8 key to activate or i should just go by the process.

6. deshal

deshal MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2015
    This guy tells that do not enter your key, it will be used for activation
    Though in his post he yold about pid checker which checks your windows 8/8.1 version and tells about activation and mine it said was windows 8.1 core single language(good to go) but my porduct id it said was activated
    forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-8-preinstalled-on-laptop-bios-key-safe-to-delete-recovery-partition-no-wkey.762415/

7. deshal

deshal MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2015
    Yeeppeee..installed, activated windows 8 without any key not generic key.