[Solved] "Something Went Wrong" error With All Updates Trying to Install Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Grzyb, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Grzyb

Grzyb MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    #1 Grzyb, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Hi All,

Thought I'd take the Plunge & Upgrade...Everything going OK, Until it starts to Install then Finishes with the Error Message above....??? Tried with All Services Disabled & No Start-Up Programs, But Still the same...Gets to about 18% Then Abruptly finishes with the above...

Anyone have any ideas?? Thought I'd try & Upgrade to 8.1 Tomorrow & then Windows 10 Pro?? Could that Work...

On Installation are any log Files Created, which may point to the cause...

Cheers

2. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    remove all your Firewalls suites, and Antivirus crap.

3. Grzyb

Grzyb MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Hi Thanks for your Reply...No AV Installed & Only Windows Firewall is Enabled, It Does have Windows Defender On...

I Did STOP All Services & Startup Items from loading, But It failed with the same error...??

4. Grzyb

Grzyb MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    OK,

Just a Quick Heads-Up....

Managed to get Win 10 Pro Installed by Burning the ISO to a DVD & Running the Setup from the DVD, I initially Mounted the ISO Using Slysoft Virtual clonedrive, It looks like the Installation Process didn't like mounting the ISO in this manner & Just wanted to be installed via the Old fashioned method of using Physical Media....

All now Installed & Activated...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

5. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    #5 Kouryu, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    For other people experiencing this problem, in addition to removing all 3rd party security software:
    -Uninstall any 3rd party VPN software (OpenVPN, WatchGuard, Juniper, Cisco, etc) AND the associated virtual NIC driver
    -Uninstall any application level virtualization software (Symantec Workspace Virtualization/Altiris SVS)
    -Uninstall any 3rd party virtualization hypervisors (VMware Player/Workstation, VirtualBox, etc)
    -Uninstall any ISO mounting software (Daemon Tools, Virtual Clone Drive, Magic ISO, PowerISO, etc)
    -Drivers for any other non-standard hardware

The more generic your Windows is, the easier it is to upgrade
    Once you have upgraded, you can slowly reinstall all the things you had removed successfully for the most part. DO turn on System Protection before you do this. It is off by default! :mad: