[SOLVED] ultra iso problems--closes after opening; red border around window

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by stayboogy, Mar 2, 2012.

1. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #1 stayboogy, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
    so i can't get ultra iso to work any longer on my system.

i used it today for like a minute, but then it suddenly closed on me.

the program had a red border around the window, and wouldn't stay open longer than 30 seconds.

it was a registered version.

so i uninstalled it. now it will not install on my pc. when i open the setup file it runs for 30 seconds and then closes never completing install.

what has happened? this happens whether or not i'm connected to the net. anyone know how to fix this problem because this is getting ridiculous. i've done virus scans and all, and nothing has appeared so how can this program be blocked from running on my machine?????

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Did you check the event log,try clearing the temp folder and rebooting PC?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011

• burn ISO files to CD
    • create your own ISO files
    • convert bin- and nrg-files to ISO
    • save CDs/DVDs as ISO file to disc

I've created custom ISO files with it (install disk) . If your comfortable with Ultra ISO then use it. To each his own, Right? Peeazz:D

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. tomah

tomah MDL Senior Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Do you have any sandbox programs on your system? The "red border" thing sounds like it may be running within a sandbox. Perhaps you just installed/upgraded Avast? I know Avast has a new auto-sandbox "feature" that would do something similar. Good luck.

6. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    no sandbox programs here. i do use avast, but that feature is turned off strictly because of how annoying it is.

nothing had changed on my machine, not software or hardware. so i don't know what caused it.

i eventually just restored to a backup image that i had and that corrected the problem. the only thing that i had done on my machine was that i made a multiboot image with Sardu (which is portable, and sucks by btw) and then tried to edit the image with ultraiso. and that's exactly when the issue started. i tried numerous things to fix it, and nothing.

this exactly why updated backup images of our systems are so important.