(SOLVED) Unable to install any of the office on a P4 machine!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by jime1, Dec 9, 2014.

1. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #1 jime1, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    I'm Trying to Install Office on an OLD P4 machine with 1GB RAM.

I tries Office 2007, 2010, 2013. none of them work on it..

Office 2007 installation gets stuck at about 75%...!
    Office 2010 gives an error (Invalid :confused: something setup) when I double click on the setup file !!

Office 2013 says missing a CAB file in the middle of the installation..!!!!!!

THE THING IS ..
    I Installed office 2013 on a similar( P4 , 512MB RAM) machine successfully & is working just fine.. !!

PS: machine is on Windows 7 Ult 32-bit

Can any one help me out of this ??

Okay..
    Got a Blue Screen !!!:puke:

I tried office 2013 the 3'rd time and it $h@t itself with the blue screen !!!
    can anyone tell whats wrong ??

Attached Files:

2. Forever

Forever Guest

It would be better if you could accompany them with screenshots of error stage.

3. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #3 jime1, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    (OP)
    Okay..
    Got a Blue Screen !!!:puke:

I tried office 2013 the 3'rd time and it $h@t itself with the blue screen !!!
    can anyone tell whats wrong ??

PS:
    last time I saw a blue screen on my friends PC was because of it's HDD with bad sectors.
    So I checked this machine's HDD with HDDsentinal (Hiren's BootCD) , But the results claimed that HDD had 100% health (HDD is PATA 40GB)

Attached Files:

4. Forever

Forever Guest

is your iso correct - i mean match the hashes from your file to the source and see if it's corrupted or not.
    have you uninstalled previous installation of OFFICE (any) ?
    don't cutomize the setup while installing, install it in default manner and see if it brings any magic :)

5. MysTikAL3

MysTikAL3 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2013
    How about some background on your system....
    You most likely have a corrupt/compromised system, or outdated drivers.
    If the blue screen issue has just started and your Win 7 has been running more than a couple years, time for a new clean install.
    If you have been having blue screens before, then check your drivers are updated, then test ram since your hdd passed test.
    Make sure you have verified/trusted iso if you re-install 7...same with office.
    :)