[SOLVED] Upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10 RTM hangs at 23-26%

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Fernando 1, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Fernando 1

Fernando 1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2011
    #41 Fernando 1, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    (OP)
    Affected users don't get any error message while trying to uprade to Win10. The procedure just hangs at the stage of 23-26% showing heavy HDD activity forever.
    At least you have to power off the computer. After restarting the PC your previously running OS will be automaticly restored and you will get an error message, but this error message does not indicate the reason of the upgrade failure. You get the error message, because you have interrupted the upgrade procedure by powering off the computer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. srisan

srisan MDL Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I am also facing similar Issue til now didn't find any solution .. I heard about wifi adapter which comes with mobo.. I didn't test that method only :/ rest of methods I have tried and no success :/ Microsoft should fix this issue seriously :/ I wil try remove my adapter wil upgrade again :/ bcoz of that I almost wasted 10 gb + my dats :/ my layout :/ moreover win 10 doesn't backup the start layout