[SOLVED] upgrade Home Premium to Ultimate, where slic is not 2.1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xscess, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xscess

xscess MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I'm helping a friend here (tryin to avoid a clean install) and yes, i have searched & read alott of threads but couldn't figure out how to use Daz loader to upgrade home premium(installed thru legit retail key) to Ultimate in order to use the remote desktop.

My question/confusion is, should i run/install loader first then go for anytime upgrade? or should i apply the ultimate key via anytime upgrade and then run loader?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can detail the steps please, thanks a million in advance.

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Install the loader first and then use anytime upgrade with an OEM Ultimate serial.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xscess

xscess MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2009
    @ Daz

dude u Rock!!! :worthy:

Thanks a million for lightning fassstt reply, i'm gonna try it out right now.

4. xscess

xscess MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2009
    @ Daz

I just tried to install your loader first but it was not giving me the option to select the Dell Ultimate key so i uninstalled Dell Home Premium, rebooted the PC but still it was showing Dell Home Premium only. Hence I selected custom serial and entered the Dell Ultimate key, clicked install and after a while it said serial was not installed successfully.

What should i do next, please...

5. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Yeah you need to install it as Home Premium and then you can grab one of the keys from keys.ini :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. xscess

xscess MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2009
    ok so i installed loader as home premium, reboot the pc and then how do i apply the Ultimate key please...

7. xscess

xscess MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2009
    i mean i do have the Dell ultimate key just like to know how do i apply it please...

8. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Once activated by the loader you use the anytime upgrade option. Once you then reboot the system it should be converted and the system will be genuine :)

9. xscess

xscess MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2009
    oh okk... thanks a million man, just applied the ultimate key in anytime upgrade and it's upgrading right now. earlier i was trying to apply key in loader. :biggrin: