[Solved] Windows 10 Update - Are there consolidated files out there?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by -Jim-, Apr 24, 2016.

1. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

It's really pretty simple if

#1 You are dealing with just one PC or two

#2 You are on a fast connection

#3 you are on an unlimited data bundle, which isn't the norm on cellular connections.

2. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    #23 -Jim-, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    (OP)
    Hi Gents,

I had no issue following Drew's Good Instructions (thank you), running ,and moving the Win 10 ISO to the USB Stick. I created the Folders and figured out how to run WHDownloader. I'm currently pulling down Servicing Stack: KB3140741 and Cumulative Update: KB3156421 but I can't find the Security Update: KB3154132 in the list for the Win 10 64 :confused:

Has it been updated to a new number or is it elsewhere in the lists?

I haven't tried to use the Office ISO I have as I am uncertain it is suitable. Your advice here would be welcomed as well.

Thanks for the assist.

10:08 => I found it one the Microsoft Site. The one I pulled down was for Win 10 64 Bit and is named AMD64_X86-all-windows10.0-kb3154132-x64_444ddc9b19fe53b904b9d86aa22ce2ca96ca263f.msu Is that the correct one? (Seems like a strange long file name to me...

Help please.

Gents,

Even without the Office files, is there a script need for this to install these updates, or does the Windows Installer automatically look for that folder name on it's own after installing the files on the ISO?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks Drew and All,

I guess I'm dumber than I look as I bungled my first try badly. Getting the USB Stick built with all the folders was routine, and I successfully got Win 10 64 on it and that part installed onto a fresh SSD perfectly. I downloaded what I thought were the applicable updates but they didn't install => probably because I didn't what or how to edit a script. Similarly I put Office on the stick but had to manually install it after.

I'll take a look at your links to see if I can figure out where I went wrong. I probably need the full recipe (or an instruction book) so I can get this done right.

Thanks for your assistance and being patient with me. :eek: