[Solved] Windows 7 sysprep need help with OEM logo, OEM info & default wallpaper

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DMDraegon, Dec 23, 2016.

1. DMDraegon

DMDraegon MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2015
    Hello,

Although this is my first post I've been lurking a lot here, even before I made my account 2 years ago!
    I want to start with a thank you for everyone!

For the problem I currently face:
    I've made an unlocked Windows 7 x64 multilanguage disk with all updates integrated.
    So far everything fine and well, it works like a charm.

I'm stuck now on changing the default wallpaper after setup and integrating oem logo and oem info.

I'm messing around with the $$OEM$\$$\OEM folder I added to the source directory but things don't go the way I want.
    I have a feeling it's simple but I'm messing something big.

Could someone enlighten me about what I need to do to make sure it works?

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. DMDraegon

DMDraegon MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2015
    Thank you!
    Did a forum search but my keywords didn't bring up that thread.

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I wonder, why you are not using Windows 7 right-click menu "Personalize" feature and Yamicsoft Windows 7 Manager.
    There is everything You need.Of course, You must have original logo (.BMP) and default wallpaper(s) and other OEM info, but usually it is available on the manufacturer website.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What manufacturers are you talking about? I have not seen any who offers ready to use logo's, wallpapers etcetc... the multi oem project files are collected from running systems by contributors.

6. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #6 Mr.X, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Wow!
    What a misleading information we read sometimes here in MDL or Wilders! :eek: :puke: :D ;)

7. DMDraegon

DMDraegon MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2015
    @kaljukass
    The link posted by Tito helped me.
    I edited the multi-OEM files completely to suit my needs, stripping all the OEM's I don't need and modifying the scripts to modify what I wanted to on each install.
    Although it's not "newb-friendly", it's much easier to modify existing files then create them yourself from scratch.
    I work as IT technicien and need my own branded install I can run on a lot of different computers without manually doing post-setup edits.