[Solved] Windows 7 Ultimate activation EFI

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hasenbaum, Jun 8, 2015.

1. hasenbaum

hasenbaum MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2015
    Hey guys,
    i already tried alot of things to activate my windows and nothing worked so far.

Actually i cant post a Diag because iam not allowed to post images or links ?

Hopefully someone here can help me out. When i tried WindSLIC just nothing happend ?! Iam really confused :/

Iam on a Asrock Z97 Extreme4.

Greeetings

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    for MGAdiag, Download and run it. Hit the continue option. copy and paste the report into code tags (the # button in your post editor options).

Daz loader only works with MBR, you would need to convert your hdd to that instead of GPT and also change your bios to legacy instead of UEFI.

WindSlic you will need to read through that thread, its hit and miss.

3. darkodar

darkodar MDL Addicted

Feb 12, 2013
    If you not planning hard drive with big capacity 2TB+ use MBR partition table with Legacy-CSM boot!

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. hasenbaum

hasenbaum MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2015
    Thank you already for helping me and presenting that modified bios version.

Ive already done step 1 and 2, so for now iam with the modded bios and just wanted to ask how to install the dell certificate ?

Thats exactly what i tried, but i was told i cant post it. There would be links or images which i can´t post without having 20 or more posts.

Greeetings

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #7 Tito, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  7. hasenbaum

hasenbaum MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2015
    I got it :)
    It all worked fine.

Thanks for your help guys!!

Greeetings

8. t61fan

t61fan MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2015
    #9 t61fan, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Hi Tito

I have an IBM/Lenovo T61 with modded BIOS with SLIC 2.1 flashed. Have a *retail* Windows 7 installation disk.
    I see references to the "manual method" of activation, but cannot find exact steps anywhere. There seems to be a thread (threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository) where step F-a and F-b under section "6. Advanced Stuff" are the ones I need, but as a new user that thread is not visible to me :-(

Could you please give a step-by-step guide for the manual method?

For example, what is "PATH_TO_CERT.xrm-ms" in your command line hint above? Where can I find / create that file?

PS: I also found a thread where they have listed the OEM keys for Lenovo. Should I use that, or retrieve the keys embedded in my SLIC 2.1 modded bios?

Thanks in advance!

9. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  11. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    Hello @ Tito - The machine in question is a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 (hence username t61fan), several years older than my T400, and uses a MBR type BIOS, defintely not UEFI. That's why I recommended he use the same procedure I did. This confusion arose from t61fan posting to some else's thread instead of starting his own.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. t61fan

t61fan MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2015
    @John Sutherland & @Tito

Thanks for your clear replies. I shall read up on the links you pointed and let you know how it went.

I should have started a new thread, but seeing Tito's post earlier in this thread, that's as close as I could find a post giving more details than referring to "the manual method" which everyone except myself seem to know on the back of their hand. Apologies for the confusion.