[SOLVED]Windows 7 Ultimate Not Genuine Anymore

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ashwin.terminator, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ashwin.terminator

ashwin.terminator MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2011
    OK, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Bit from an Untouched DVD download of the same a few months ago. Then ran DAZ's loader and it was activated and I was happy. Then I decided to be experimental and installed Ubuntu. Used it for a few days, then got bored of the same. Decided to uninstall it and uninstalled it according to a video on YouTube. Which required me to delete the Linux Partition from within Windows and then Re-Write the MBR Using EasyBCD. I reboot and the next thing I know, my Windows 7 ain't genuine anymore! :eek:I tried using Daz's Loader again, but it says Unsupported OS Information and Unsupported Partition Table. From what I read, the entire Hard Drive has to be formatted. But backing up around 600GB of data isn't easy. Any other ideas? BTW, my computer is a self assembled computer. If the last bit of info was ever required.

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Unsupported partition table can also mean that it can't access the partition it needs. My guess is that after uninstalling Ubuntu you had to also recreate some of the Windows 7 boot files :g:

If you load up disk management (diskmgmt.msc) and take a screenshot of the window (maximize it) then I might be able to tell you whats wrong.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ashwin.terminator

Aug 22, 2011
    #3 ashwin.terminator, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
    (OP)
    Yeah, seems like EasyBCD recreated the MBR which eventually tampered with your loader. Here's the screenshot.

i171.photobucket.*com/albums/u284/ashwin_rulz15/*Untitled.png

Sorry, but can't post the SS because I don't have the necessary credentials for the same. Just remove the * and you have your screenshot!

4. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Well the 100MB partition looks OK. Maybe you could assign it a letter via disk management, install the loader and then remove the letter?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ashwin.terminator

Aug 22, 2011
    Perfecto Daz! Worked just the way your loader was meant to work! :D One question though, what are the tell tale sings you look for before concluding that just assigning a Drive Letter should fix the problem?

6. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Well it's just a test to see if Windows gives you the option. You was lucky enough that it worked, although I'm a little confused why that would work and direct access didn't.

7. ashwin.terminator

Aug 22, 2011
    Yeah, lucky enough! And lucky enough to be helped out by you too! Thanks a million!

8. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter MDL Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    I have basically the same problem, and I am pissed off with myself that I let myself become convinced to try a Linux installation once again, after 10 years. Their Grub does not allow to change the boot order to make Windows the default, which makes it now a never ending nuisance. I am using Win 7 ultimate with DAZ loader.....

I found the video on how to get rid of it, by using easyBCD and then getting rid off the partitions, but I was afraid that using this would have the consequence of disabling the DAZ loader. And this thread has shown me that was i right about this. As I am not too good with these things, can you tell me in what way to proceed, please? I want to make sure to do this in the right order, so I will not end up getting blue screen or other disasters, and then not even be able to ask here how to fix the mess I got myself into......
    In what order do I proceed to remove the Ubuntu Grub booting with easyBCD, get rid of the Ubuntu partition and re-installing the loader?

Thank you

9. stblink

stblink MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2012
    Is it possible to create a recovery partition when installing a new windows 7 ?

Is it possible to create a recovery partition when installing a new windows 7 ?

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009