Some help with converting ISO language, please....

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by -HITMAN-, May 15, 2014.

1. -HITMAN-

-HITMAN- MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    #1 -HITMAN-, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
  2. -HITMAN-

Aug 19, 2009
    Wow, so many views, no one any help with this?

Anyway after investigating the process I have found that there is a file missing from the copied WinPE cab files for en_GB called "packagename:WinPE-IbsProvider-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-GB~6.2.9200.16384", obviously the process removes the en_US package but is not replaced.

So i'm currently downloading a en_GB fresh iso to extract the needed cab file and inject it into my new.iso to see if it resolves the problem, if not i'll have to find another way using the GB iso and adding WMC separately etc...

3. Thamarai

Thamarai MDL Novice

May 6, 2014
    May be you should have posted your query in that thread itself, someone would have replied.

4. -HITMAN-

Aug 19, 2009
    Thanks, I thought i'd try my own thread as the original discussion is quite old but i'm still struggling with this as I am stuck again extracting .cab packages from the boot.wim.

I'll try your suggestion.

5. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You should know that removing a previous language, doesn't really do anything until it's processed when your system is running.
    It will set the removal as a pending operation.

As far as your methods... It's hard to tell. It's so jumbled.
    Most of it looks correct, but some things are not necessary.
    Also some parts are incorrect.
    For example:
    xcopy C:\8Work\WIM\Windows\Boot\DVD\PCAT\en-GB\bootfix.bin C:\8Work\DVD\boot\ /cheriky
    xcopy C:\8Work\WIM\Windows\boot\PCAT\memtest.exe C:\8Work\DVD\boot\ /cheriky
    Unnecessary

xcopy C:\8Work\WIM\Windows\boot\PCAT\en-GB\* C:\8Work\DVD\boot\en-US\ /cheriky
    xcopy C:\8Work\DVD\boot\en-GB\* C:\8Work\DVD\boot\en-US\ /cheriky
    Incorrect.

You are supposed to change the locale of the boot.wim indexes and change the lang.ini in the mounted boot.wim index:2 sources\lang.ini
    Also you should use the dism set-intl stuff to change the default locale.

Just... so much of this is wrong or a bad direction to go. I'd recommend using abbodi1406's lang changing stuff and learning from that at least.
    Even then, it's not just the mui files and dism settings that correctly change languages.
    A lot of the language conversions are only partial. You're really better off finding an en-GB version of your OS.

6. -HITMAN-

Aug 19, 2009
    Thanks murphy, I have already ended up ditching this and Dl'd an en_gb pro ISO, which I have converted to WMC as couldn't find any proWMC GB iso's.