Some Program has taken over my computer...HELP

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by christiheller, Apr 6, 2010.

1. christiheller

christiheller MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2010
  2. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    1. Get "jv16 PowerTools", install, scan registry using keywords that relate to the problem program.. i.e. (Norton, Symantec, etc)
    - it will find all registry entries related to the keywords.. then go through each entry and delete them..
    - w/out Registry Entries.. the program will no longer start or run in the background..

2. If all else fails.. i recommend you do a clean install ..

Good Luck

3. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #3 blackranger, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
    Welcome new member, christiheller, hope the purpose you join MDL not only asking question.

I recommend you to do nothing or have a clean install.
    My computer is running fastest XP but it slows down days to days, maybe a few months and while you have let say 20 softwares installed, there may be crashes that you might not know, and some applications will use up lots of CPU (check in task manager 2nd tab and you notice more) also if you are using warez you will never know if your comp has virus. Of course you should have antivirus installed, but this will get your comp slower and it will finally look like your grandpa running slowly.

Trust me, make a copy of those useful files and software setups and have a clean install, you will experience how fast your comp can reach...
    Then you can reinstall Norton again (you should install w/o any problems because you have a new Windows)

Use CCleaner to have easy garbage file delete, registry fix, program uninstall.
    You are allowed to disable Startup programs and you could get your comp ready as quick as possible after switched on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...